RC poster

Battery disconect switch add on?

I am a first time poster.
    Was looking to find if anybody has installed a battery on/off switch on their battery connectors to eliminate the body removal hassle to disconnect the batteries?
    I am reasoning I haven't found anyone using one because it's not advisable for some reason I'm not aware of.
    A simple amp rated on/off sw between battery and car, mounted accessible.
    Thanks for any help......

RC Qualifier
    Nobody uses a switch on battery cables because it just adds more resistance, plus hard to find a suitable amp rated switch. Most brushless setups can pull very high amps. Example- Traxxas 5000mah 25C battery is able to put out 125amps continuous if needed. Even the small erevo (1/16 scale) Esc VXL-3m is rated at around 50 amps continuous and 300 burst amps, Velinion 380 motor 25amp cont. and 50amp burst.

RC poster
    Thanks, grizzly. I was aware the DC current would be great, not calculating but thinking maybe 50A sw could handle it. Having wired hundreds of large 'AC' control panels, thought this would be simple. Duh. I haven't computed the resistance increase for an additional 4-6 inches of larger gauge wire, just thought/assumed it would be very minimal. Found a DC sw, rated 125 A continuous, 350 A surge, but is 2.5"x 2.5" x2.5" large. Still searching. (Maybe a sm enclosed knife sw)
    It would be interesting to follow through on this, and see just how much "loss" is actually incurred, from resistance + weight, just to eliminate the hassle of those tiny body clips. (Comes with age
    Appreciate your help/reply grizzly

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I have trouble with the clips also. I installed a set of Pro-Line Secure-Loc Caps on my revo. Not sure what vehicle you have but they can be installed on a variety of different vehicles. Makes it easier for me to remove body. Just an idea. thumbwasher-kit