Servo Replacement...

Hey guys I need to replace the servo in my p2de, and was wondering if anybody has tried this one:

Servo

I want to see if anyone has any good/bad experience with it, because it's only $5... If it isn't a good servo, then I will look for others and ask about them in this thread. I want to find the cheapest one I can.
    Last edited by Sp2deSummit; 04-16-2019 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
    I like free stuff!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Hey guys I need to replace the servo in my p2de, and was wondering if anybody has tried this one:

Servo

I want to see if anyone has any good/bad experience with it, because it's only $5... If it isn't a good servo, then I will look for others and ask about them in this thread. I want to find the cheapest one I can.
    Never used that particular servo but it does have pretty good specs. The only issue I see is you'll probably wait a month or more for shipping from China. I got unknowingly stuck buying a 60a esc from a "U.S. seller" but oddly the part is coming from Singapore, so beware!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that seems like it would be an issue, I'll try to see if there is another one for cheap somewhere. Do you or anybody else have any recommendations for a good cheap servo? Preferably $10 or less.
    I like free stuff!

RC Racer
    Yeah, that seems like it would be an issue, I'll try to see if there is another one for cheap somewhere. Do you or anybody else have any recommendations for a good cheap servo? Preferably $10 or less.
    I had that Tower pro MG995 servo it was strong but slow and did not last long it was in a different brands stadium truck. I think you need to up your budget something like less than $20 shipped than you will have more choices plus get a waterproof servo.

I run this servo in my Stampede and my Ruckus great servo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KL5P8W...ding=UTF8&th=1 the 20KG is cheaper now https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WWB5PQ...ding=UTF8&th=1 the top case is a little taller and had to dremel the shock tower some easy enough though and was worth it. On Ebay, Amazon and other sites the DS3218 servos are decent servos also.

Last edited by Igottabeme; 04-17-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Ok, thanks! It's for an old p2de that doesn't get used much, so I didn't want something too nice/spendy in it. Sounds like I will spend $3 more than wanted on a decent servo that will last, and is apparently waterproof. That's pretty good! Is that servo actually waterproof? Or just water resistant?
    I like free stuff!

RC Racer
    Ok, thanks! It's for an old p2de that doesn't get used much, so I didn't want something too nice/spendy in it. Sounds like I will spend $3 more than wanted on a decent servo that will last, and is apparently waterproof. That's pretty good! Is that servo actually waterproof? Or just water resistant?
    I understand I felt that way when I put the MG955 in my Circuit. In the end with a better servo it's just more enjoyable to drive. I won't really call anything throw it in the pool waterproof but it has been water resistant. It has seals on the screw heads, case and spline bearing. I don't bash real hard (no skate parks) but I do run into things alot plus on my my Ruckus I run it with a servo saver eliminator and the servo holds up my P2ede has a Kimbrough 124 servo saver on it. For $15 the FS-15w has worked well for me and would buy another if I had to or get the 20kg and maybe for a faster stronger servo the 25kg (if I felt like spending more money). Lot's of choices out there right now for around $20 or less.

Ok, thanks! I think this Monday (I'll be getting some money then) I will get the 20kg.
    I like free stuff!

Turns out I didn't get the servo. Amazon doesn't even sell them anymore, but I found one that has some good reviews: https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Digit...gateway&sr=8-3 Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Any suggestions would be great really.
    I like free stuff!