RC poster

Stampede 4x4 Upgrade Reccomendations

Does anyone have any suggestions for upgrading my Stampede 4x4(Model# 67054-1)? Heres a list of what I have already did.
    -Upgraded Driveshafts - Traxxas CVDs in the Rear and Tekno M6s in the Front
    -Upgraded Motor - Velineon 3500 with the VXL 3s ESC
    -Upgraded Turnbuckles - (Some Fully Metal Amazon Ones) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    -Added Wheelie Bar
    -Added Front Bumper Lights
    -Modded Lowered Body with Velcro Mounting System(Velcro on sides of chassis and body.)
    -2 3s Lipos, 4000 and 6400mah, with EZ Peak Plus 4amp With One Output
    -2 7 Cell nmih 3000mah(One had a bad cell so I just took it out, making it a 6 cell nmih battery.), With the 4 amp Stock Charger with the AC to DC Converter
    -Added Battery Expansion Kit for the 6400mah Lipo
    -I think thats it.

Before you buy too many wheels getting a 17mm hex upgrade is good insurance against stripping hexs later.

With alloy 12mm hubs, they hold up ok on 2S, but I didn't run it much on 3S. I switched to 17mm.

After getting the hot racing 17mm hubs, I found that of course, traxxas has a set.
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...a5853x/p197377

Well, I guess it wouldn't matter in my case as I have the MIP X-Duty's which have slotted 12mm hex hubs/shafts, there's no pin or hole for a pin, so I had to go with the hot racing ones that fit over the 12mm alloy MIP hexes.

The extra width both of them add aids in handling.

You might want to look into getting at least alloy rear axle carriers. I broke the stock ones and RPM ones early on. Also, if you haven't yet, upgrade the shock caps to aluminum. They like to pop off. Running 3S speeds, your going to be getting bigger jumps which means more popped shocks.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

The added width is always welcome on a stampede.

Sounds like you started with the brushed motor truck. If that's the case you could swap out the differentials for the vxl versions. Or just increase the pinion size a bit to compensate.

The brushed truck has a different gear ratio in the diffs and will be slower than a stock vxl if all you do is switch the motor.

RC poster
    I just realized that looking back at the manuals. I guess that's why my motor gets pretty hot when running it.