Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Enthusiast

stampede 4x4 body

i have heard that show goo and dry wall tape make the body extra durable but my local shop said it wouldn't make a difference so i listened to him and he reenforced the body holes with glue but that only lasted 4 runs and now my body is beyond the state of repair and i still have not purchased a body yet. i have heard that proline bodies are more durable than stock but id rather not cut and paint a body, if i purchased stock body again and reenforced with shoe goo and dry wall tape would that still hold up to heavy bash for a considerable amount of time?

RC Qualifier
    I like your name. Yes drywall tape and Shoe Goo will definitely reinforce a stock body that's already painted and make it more durable

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    lol like you name too, would it be worth the extra money to buy paint and scissors and get a pro line body for the extra thickness and durability?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx. D View Post
    lol like you name too, would it be worth the extra money to buy paint and scissors and get a pro line body for the extra thickness and durability?
    Yes I think it is worth it. This is what I do. I usually just paint my body's one color anyway because ultimately they'll end up getting cracked , but I do like the thicker bodies from Pro-Line. Honestly, I don't have the patience to do masking tape and multiple colors on a body, but that's just me

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    I like your name. Yes drywall tape and Shoe Goo will definitely reinforce a stock body that's already painted and make it more durable

Yep my Proline body is still in great shape over a year later. Just a lot of scuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can also try the proline brute bodies. They are supposed to be extra tough. They are white though, not clear, so about all you do is cut body holes (I think) and put stickers on them.

I'm probably going to get one when I run out of the cheap bodies for my stampede. My wife got me a couple cheap ones off amazon for Christmas. So... probably by the end of summer.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    Would you shoe goo that as well

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx. D View Post
    Would you shoe goo that as well
    You won't have to drywall tape The Brute bodies. They are super thick.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The guy at your shop that said shoe goo and drywall tape wouldn't do anything is a not smart guy

RC Competitor
    If you remove the body posts and screw battery hold-down posts into the holes that the body mount towers used to be screwed into, you can also run a rustler 2wd body, which looks alot like what an earlier Rustler 4x4 would've looked like, And it seems that the mounting holes wouldn't get as beat up because the body is also being supported on the shock towers. I currently run this setup and it feels like a smaller erevo. I would recommend drywall tape and shoogoo for this setup though, as the rustler body is only as thick as the P4de body. It is cheaper than a Pro-line body as well. See http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/projects/shape-shifter/ and look at Shape 2: Rustler 4x4
    on the shapeshifter P4de
    Last edited by FireSlashRacer; 05-11-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

I ended up getting a probodyrc orange body for mine. Haven't installed it yet, it's a bit wider than what's on it. What's on it is very close to the stock body.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I ended up getting a probodyrc orange body for mine. Haven't installed it yet, it's a bit wider than what's on it. What's on it is very close to the stock body.
    Very cool! Just cut and apply stickers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk