RC poster

Traxxas 2.5 Classic Nitro truck that has been started for 8 years or more

I bought a 2.5 Classic many years ago and initially used it at least once or twice a week. I have not started the engine in over 8 years. It did not have any fuel left in it and I kept it very lubricated with WD 40 so the engine turns just fine but I cannot get it to start. I've replaced the fuel tank and the fuel lines. I am a newbie to the whole Nitro truck so I am not sure what to do next. Replace the carburetor? Rebuild the carburetor? Etc. I adjusted the high speed and low speed needles to the factory settings from a video that I watched on YouTube. Like I said, even though I've had the truck for years I am still very new to the Nitro truck so some of my terminology may not be accurate. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rebuild the carb. You may want to take the engine apart and look inside for any rust. If it has been sitting for that long a good cleaning inside and out may be warranted. You can go to Traxxas's main site and search "Rebuild" and read the articles on rebuilding the carb and engine.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Okay I really appreciate the advise

Did you put in a new glow plug? Are you using the ez-start wand for the starter and glow plug? If so, are both lights lighting up on it when you try to start? Should be a starter light and glow plug light I think. If it sat that long, you may have a bad ground. Think it's the yellow wire that is on one of the engine mounting bolts. Take that out, rough up both sides of the connector and where it goes with fine sand paper, then put it back on.

I never really used the ez-start. I'd always replace it with a pull-start and use a normal heater.
    Expert rigging at it's best!