RC Competitor

Lightbulb How fast can the brushed merv go?

Hey,
    My brother has a 1/16 brushed erevo, and I was thinking that it should be able to go faster than 20mph and still have good speeds, seeing that the 1/10 slash 4x4 with a brushed motor can go that fast. It is lighter than a 1/10 2wd slash, and that can go 30mphon the bsuhed motor! it seems like this wouldn't be too hard, but I was just wondering what the reason for the low gearing would be? If it's the XL2.5, I have a few extra XL5s.
    Last edited by FireSlashRacer; 04-20-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: clarification
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

Does your slash 2wd have stock gearing and NiMh battery or 2s lipo? If so, then you are probably only hitting 21 mph. I am assuming that you merv has the Titan 12 in it. I don't think the gearing is so low, but your motor will most likely wear out faster if you gear it up.
    "WHEN IN DOUBT, AIR IT OUT!!" - Kevin Talbot

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    Does your slash 2wd have stock gearing and NiMh battery or 2s lipo? If so, then you are probably only hitting 21 mph. I am assuming that you merv has the Titan 12 in it. I don't think the gearing is so low, but your motor will most likely wear out faster if you gear it up.
    I guess that 30mph is with the speed gearing. I only have brushless slashes, so I didn’t really have anything to base it on. I would think that you could get 25mph or more and still be ok with such a small vehicle
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

I have had my Brushed Merv for more than 2 years and still have no need for it to be brushless. The Titan 12t stays cool and can wheelie on launch or at speed without a problem. I use it for jumping and stunts which doesn't need it to go 50+. This affords me the ability to keep it mostly stock and not strip diffs at all. Since the Merv has a bit of a weak point in the rear diff housing.