RC Enthusiast

Hot Racing Sealed Differential In Stock Gearbox?

Hello...
    I bought a hot racing sealed did for my electric rustler. I assembled it with no problems. When I went to put it in my gray stock gearbox, the gearbox won't close. The diff is too big. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by OtisWhitestone View Post
    Hello...
    I bought a hot racing sealed did for my electric rustler. I assembled it with no problems. When I went to put it in my gray stock gearbox, the gearbox won't close. The diff is too big. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
    Iíll check mine in the stock gearbox tomorrow.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sorry my mailbox was full. I did test fit it. Worked great. PM me if youíd like

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. I don't know if I put it together wrong? When I try to close the gear box, it leaves a gap? Doesn't close snug like the stock diff. When I put it side by side with the stock diff, it's thicker? It wouldn't fit in my Integy gearbox, either. Thanks. Any thoughts? I don't know how I could have put it together wrong.

RC Racer
    Thanks. I don't know if I put it together wrong? When I try to close the gear box, it leaves a gap? Doesn't close snug like the stock diff. When I put it side by side with the stock diff, it's thicker? It wouldn't fit in my Integy gearbox, either. Thanks. Any thoughts? I don't know how I could have put it together wrong.
    If itís not fitting your integy case then itís the diff. Did you lined up all 4 screws and makeup sure everything was lined up before putting on the sun gear and the other half? My HR unit fit fine in both the open end integy case as well as stock traxxas gear box casing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Post pictures please

RC Enthusiast
    So ... The diff I bought wasn't machined right. One of the holes for a planetary gear was about 2 mm too shallow. I had to go through a process of getting it replaced. Make sure you save your receipt if you get one.

RC Qualifier
    Will it close without the 2 washers being on the outside of it? If it does, it's fine to run it /o them.