RC poster

Traxxas 2 amp NiMH charger. In need of help.

I have the 2amp NiMH charger (#2977). Today I tried to charge my 7.2v 1800 mAh battery that I only use for my easy start. Everytime I plug it into my car I get a solid red light, plug the battery in and it stays solid read for about a minute. Then it blinks red, I've checked and changed the fuse and it's still the same. Is my battery pack fried? I've only had it for a summer and charged the battery maybe 8 times. It sat all winter long but inside my house. What am I missing guys/gals.

https://traxxas.com/Troubleshooting-DC-Chargers
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...ctions_WEB.pdf

Do you have a multi-meter that you can determine what the battery voltage is?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Yeah I can, are you saying to check the voltage coming from the charger?

RC Competitor
    How many red blinks per set of red blinks?

While it was not my post above I would have you check the battery pack voltage.

RC poster
    It stays red when given power, then after a minute or so it starts blinking one blink per set. It's like it's not even noticing my battery. Also if the battery is dead will the volt meter still be able to read it?

Also thanks for the help!

RC Competitor
    If the battery is so dead that the volt meter can't read it, it is unlikely that the charger is going to want to charge it.

However, your one blink error code is actually a power source error, not a battery error.

My advice is to call TRX.