RC Enthusiast

Turning problems

Hello all, i was wondering if I could collect some thoughts on the following problem:

i upgraded several parts of my Slash Ultimate including putting on RPM A-Arms for the front and rear.

During the first run i noticed that i could turn left very well, but whenever i turned to the right, the turning radius is about doubled. After running it for a while the problem continued.

Then i took it all apart and cleaned everything. the bell crank, servo saver, servo horn are all plastic and the servo itself is all metal, Traxxas 2075R. I then re centered the servo and horn with no change. the turn to the right is the just as bad.

It is the steering is back together except the connection between the servo horn and servo saver. When i us the horn to turn the wheels to the left the axle goes freely through 28mm of movement, this is normal. When i do the same thing, but turning to the right, it only goes through 22mm of movement before hitting the bulkhead.

does anyone have any suggestions?

RC Enthusiast
    Check if left and right turnbuckles are same length

RC Enthusiast
    thanks, i did check, they are within a few mm's of each other. i called traxxas support and they agree that it turns at a different radius right vs left. theya re going to send a servo rebuilt kit, though they are also looking into other causes.

RC Qualifier
    Have you set your endpoints completely to the left and the right?

Did you try adjusting the little arm that goes from the servo horn to the Bell crank?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

If my steering ever gets too far out of whack, I just buy new steering rods and reset everything since they are straight.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    I did reset my end points. i am also replacing all links.

Have to ask... Are you sure your Tx’s steering trim was at “0” when you centered your servo?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Yup, I was careful about all of the settings. I will redo it after I put on the new links

Take some video of the steering system and servo+horn, and it turning left right. There's something very basic wrong here. Did you mount the horn at the right spot? I forget where it's supposed to be set to on the Slash 4x4, I think it was 1 o'clock or something on the servo when the servo is at neutral.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Yes, it is supposed to be set at 1:00 (or 1 tooth/spline over from 12:00):

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Hello again everyone, well, the problem seems to be resolved, thank you everyone for your help. i actually ended up having to apply all of the fixes. first, I replaced all of the turnbuckles and camber links. i did note that several were well out of spec. I alos reset the servo horn to the 1 o'clock position (in the attempts to solve it, i have put it at the 12 position). I also did a completel turning and end point reset on the system. then the turning was fixed, though inverted. I followed the steps on the traxxas youtube channel to fix the inversion.

Thanks
    sparky

Rustler VXL
    Slash Ultimate