Thread: Servo Died

RC Competitor

Servo Died

Hello our there. Well the 2075 servo on my Rustler 4x4 VXL just bit the big one after the third battery pack! I wasn’t even doing anything remotely wrong that would cause it to strip the gears. And one else have that problem so soon?

There was a period of time where quite a few were dying prematurely, however, not so much recently. Give Traxxas a call.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I’m responding to my own thread. The Traxxas 2075 servos share one thing in common. They are all a GIANT ...! Who agrees with me on that?

Acronyms containing filtered language are of course not permitted. Please watch the terms you use. ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-24-2019 at 10:06 PM.

RC Competitor
    I’m going to take your advice Double G and call Traxxas direct this morning.

I don't. Years ago there was a bad batch of 2070's (the non-waterproof version of 2075) and many reported failures - including myself. It was replaced and still goes strong as a throttle servo in my Revo. I ran a single 2075 steering servo in it and my Slash for years with no issues. Once it wore out in the Revo I went to something stronger.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Good morning Double G! Yesterday I called Traxxas and got in touch with a nice customer service rep. I told him my issue and he said that he would drop a new one in the mail for me. That’s some darn good service!

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, mine stripped yesterday on 2nd pack. Going to call on Monday but I had a spare servo I put in to keep going today. Popped a shock cap but at least that was from a big hit, the servo died on a straight...

You will find that Traxxas support is excellent! They really care about the people who buy their products.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    After calling Traxxas last week about my 2075 issue they shipped me two sets of plastic replacement gears for the servo. I replaced the gears and they stripped again within 15 minutes of fixing it. So then I put in the second set of gears that were sent to me. I haven’t stripped them yet because I have not used the truck in a couple of days. Yesterday I ordered a Savox
    SW-1211SG to fix the problem permanently! I think that Traxxas should have at least sent me the steel replacement gears instead of two plastic sets.

Quote Originally Posted by scoviman View Post
    After calling Traxxas last week about my 2075 issue they shipped me two sets of plastic replacement gears for the servo. I replaced the gears and they stripped again within 15 minutes of fixing it. So then I put in the second set of gears that were sent to me. I haven’t stripped them yet because I have not used the truck in a couple of days. Yesterday I ordered a Savox
    SW-1211SG to fix the problem permanently! I think that Traxxas should have at least sent me the steel replacement gears instead of two plastic sets.
    If they are stripping then there is something else wrong.

CS did what they were supposed to. It may be the discretion of the rep but since you had the 2070/2075 servo they provided you with parts (x2!!) to make you whole again.

Now we could debate whether the 2075 is sufficient for the Rustler... In the past ten years I've ran a single 2070 or 2075 on my nitro Revo. Granted I've gone through three of them during that time - one with gears stripped - they performed alright for the size truck. They couldn't turn the tires much at a standstill but at any speed they turned the truck. Now I've gone out and spent a little money for a stronger metal-geared servo but the stock servos are okay for what you get with the truck.
    Last edited by Double G; 05-05-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Today I got both a brand new 2075 and a set of the gears in the mail from Traxxas - no plans on swapping it back in though, the $20 China steel gear servo in there is fine for now. If anything I would consider a nicer servo down the road but at least now I've got some repair parts in case I run into any problems.