RC poster

HELP!!!! Brand new Summit 1/10 servos going crazy and no steering

Hey I just got a 1/10 Summit and after about 20 mins of mellow crawling my steering went out and my steering servos started making a buzzing noise and every time I move the steering it makes a crunchy noise . My throttle is still working . Also it won't switch from high to low. I can email a video to anyone who can help! Its right out of the box! HELP

RC Racer
    Most likely your steering servos were out of alignment and the buzzing noise you heard were the two servos fighting each other. Summits are know to come out of the box needing to be aligned. Several good videos on Youtube on how to align them, very easy to do. Crunchy noise may mean you stripped a plastic gear in one of the servos. I'd align them first and see what that does. Also, take the body off and insure that nothing is binding on the linkage that goes from the shift servo to the transmission. The little ball socket on the spring linkage can pop off. Finally, if your front tires are wedged between the rocks or other objects do not try to force the steering too hard. Summits are awesome trucks! It just takes a few runs to figure the in and outs of the machine. Since it's new, call Traxxas if you need any help, they have great CS.

RC poster
    Is there a way I can send you a video of what is happening?

Unplug servos plug one in at a time when problem returns that's the bad servo.the evx can do some weird stuff when a servo goes bad

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried