RC poster

Unhappy Help with e revo 2.0!

Hello! Hopefully in a month or two, I will have my own revo 2.0. I had some questions though for owners of the e revo 2.0, my question is should I buy a hobbywing max 8 and replace the stock esc that comes with the truck first thing, then sell the stock esc or should I not worry about the 4 red lights of death occurring on certain e revo's? I've been doing a lot of research online and seeing how for some they never had their esc die, but for some, it died 5 minutes out of the box. Did Traxxas fix the firmware issue in their newer e revo model esc's? I saw a youtube video of the '4 red lights of death' from February of this year (2019). So I'm not totally sure if they had time to fix it by now. From my research, I will be replacing the stock servos right away, any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    I have had some issues with the esc but it is still stock and has not yet let me down. The motor I have not touched nor do I really plan on it. The servos I changed to a single traxxas 2255. I would also upgrade to badlands mx38s
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Racer
    I’d just run it. You may have problems, you may not. To me there’s no reason to replace that expensive of a component before it fails unless you’ve just got them sitting around or something.

I'm all in for run it until it breaks! I think I was one of the first ones to have the vxl6s esc die on an erevo 2.0. My pops always told me, "don't fix what isn't broken".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I'm all in for run it until it breaks! I think I was one of the first ones to have the vxl6s esc die on an erevo 2.0. My pops always told me, "don't fix what isn't broken".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    X2, but from where I'm from it's "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    I like free stuff!

RC Qualifier
    I've had mine since July 18. No issues with esc. Nor did I have issues with the servo. I shortly after getting mine car I did buy a single savox 1256tg in prep for a servo going out. A few months later I did swap it in so I can put the e revos 2075 servo into my Slayer pro nitro for throttle that died after 10 years of abuse.

There are a few mods to do. Rear chassis brace. Then if issues with rod ends, are some more mods to fix that.

I'd take the diffs apart and oil them up right, and put more grease in housing. Check over the car for issues during factory build.

Get body savers or add in washers.

I personally tape my tire air holes shut so I don't get crap in my tires but I run in sand and fine silt dusty areas.

Other things can be helpful depending on where and how you play.

I'd just wait till stuff breaks then replace and or mod accordingly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    @bashing fo fun, What kind of issues were you having with the esc? was the fuse inside of the esc burning out?

RC Competitor
    Oh, it was just a green flashing light just needed a reset.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.