RC poster

Convering E-Revo brushed to Brushless

Hi everyone, first time poster here.. Iíve searched but have since got myself confused as to what model I have and what I need etc Iím a rookie so go easily and talk slowly haha.

Basically what I am hoping to achieve is convert my brushed car over to a brushless unit and Iím wondering if you guys could tell me what I need to do in order to achieve this?

Any help is much appreciated

RC Qualifier
    A picture of your car with lid off can help us tell you what car you have.

If it is brushed you will need a new motor and esc. Lots of options out there that are non Traxxas. If wanting Traxxas perhaps take to you local hobby store. Most offer power ups. You trade in your existing motor and esc and get the brushless motor and esc for it.

Then of course will probably went lipo battery's if you don't have them already.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks mate, how do I attach a pic? My closest hobbie shop is approx 1.5 hours away so I’m hoping to find out what i need in order to ask the bloke at the shop. I’m currently running 2s LiPo. I’ve read a few posts about a canyon mamba?

RC Qualifier
    Best way to post a pic is to use Tapatalk app.

I only have what came stock in my cars. Sure others will chime in later with some options. But gotta know what you got to offer recommendations.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks mate, got it worked out. From what I can understand I need to upgrade

Batteries
    Motor & ESC
    Hubs

Is that correct?

RC Qualifier
    You need a esc mount

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    You need a esc mount
    Thanks mate. Aswell as the other stuff? Do you know how I go about knowing what to order as far as the upgrade parts?

RC Qualifier
    Hi, to convert you will need:

1/8th Brushless ESC + Motor
    Single Motor Mount
    Single motor mount gear cover
    New Gearing, maybe just the pinion or maybe a spur too depending on your set up.

You can mount the ESC using tape, you don't necessarily need the Castle/Traxxas System and the mount. I fact, Id recommend a Hobbywing Max 8/2200kv combo

Then the hubs. The stock hubs on your brushed are 14mm. These should be fine. Bare in mind if you upgrade to 17mm brushless hubs you will need new wheels and even tyres.

You're new brushless system will run on a pair of 2s/3s lipos, but you may already have them.

RC Qualifier
    This is mine, started out as a Brushed 1.0

RC Racer
    lol nice pic on that can. The amount of travel on my e-revo suspension always amazes me. It just walks right up and over most curbs/obstacles it faces without flinching.

How do you get/keep yours so clean?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    lol nice pic on that can. The amount of travel on my e-revo suspension always amazes me. It just walks right up and over most curbs/obstacles it faces without flinching.

How do you get/keep yours so clean?
    If I'm honest, I much prefer building and upgrading to actually using them. I hardly use my models so they stay very clean lol

RC Racer
    lol ok i feel a bit better now cuz mine is currently a filthy mess after giving some of it a wd40 bath one day and only having canned air to spray it off with after tearing up a couple baseball diamonds at the park the next day. top of my shopping list is an air compressor cuz canned air just doesn't cut it for getting the wd40 off..

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    top of my shopping list is an air compressor cuz canned air just doesn't cut it for getting the wd40 off..
    a good alternative to a noisy air compressor is an old compressor from a refrigerator connected to a portable air tank.
    i sourced parts from a local fridge repair shop and got them for 20$ each....i made a dual compressor install with a pressure switch and a male connector to keep the ''portable'' function of the air tank in my house basement. i can have air for cheap without much noise....

One could just use a blown compressor unit and replace the blown and noisy compressor by the fridge one....

the only bad things about it, is weight and keeping them leveled straight to avoid problem with the oil inside.