RC Enthusiast

New to xmaxx, need battery suggestions for best run time

Just picked up a xmaxx 8s and have the dual ez charger and 2 3s 5000 traxxas batteries. Only getting 18 mins of run time and 1 hour 15 mins to charge. Would really like more run time

RC Qualifier
    I have an XMAXX 1st GEN 6 Cell but upgraded my XMAXX to 8 Cell. Anyway the Stock TRAXXAS 3 Cell 25C 5000MAh's don't really hold up that well you WILL eventually PUFF your LIPOs over time. I used to use the SAME PACKS u have I went though 4 sets of those LIPOs until 1 day I asked my hobby shop Tech why I keep PUFFING LIPOs he said it's the trucks ESC & Power system. @ the least the Trucks system should be run on @ least a 35C rating pack the Stock TRAXXAS 25C packs are a bit of underpowered for the Truck. I got a set of 35C 5000Mah 3 Cell Packs & WOW what a difference my XMAXX ran like it was running on nitro methane fuel LOL.... Never had a LIPO puff once I upgraded my C rating.

Any New LIPO Packs have a break in cycles & will take about 6 to 8 Charge & Discharge cycles to come in to there full power band after about the 7th charge you should start to see increased run times. & you charge time is average for LIPOS
    Last edited by grave75; 04-27-2019 at 09:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    I have an XMAXX 1st GEN 6 Cell but upgraded my XMAXX to 8 Cell. Anyway the Stock TRAXXAS 3 Cell 25C 5000MAh's don't really hold up that well you WILL eventually PUFF your LIPOs over time. I used to use the SAME PACKS u have I went though 4 sets of those LIPOs until 1 day I asked my hobby shop Tech why I keep PUFFING LIPOs he said it's the trucks ESC & Power system. @ the least the Trucks system should be run on @ least a 35C rating pack the Stock TRAXXAS 25C packs are a bit of underpowered for the Truck. I got a set of 35C 5000Mah 3 Cell Packs & WOW what a difference my XMAXX ran like it was running on nitro methane fuel LOL.... Never had a LIPO puff once I upgraded my C rating.

Any New LIPO Packs have a break in cycles & will take about 6 to 8 Charge & Discharge cycles to come in to there full power band after about the 7th charge you should start to see increased run times. & you charge time is average for LIPOS
    yup C rating, you want at least 35c, I use the SMC 9200mah, I get about 50 minutes of run time. and they are 4S. the truck is a rocket with the right C rating and on 4S

RC Qualifier
    Upgrade to the Traxxas 4S batteries
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC poster
    Im looking for a second set of batteries. I see some with a 75c and 100c ratings. Are those to to high.

Nope. The ESC will draw what it needs. Best to be able to supply more amps than it can eat.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Anybody have run time info on the traxxas 4s 6700

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have SMC 7400ís and 10500ís. The 10500ís Iíve never drained in one session. The 7400ís are good for 25 minutes or so, really depends on what your doing. Iíd upgrade your charger as well. That charge time for small batteries is way too long.

RC Enthusiast
    Anyone use floureon or hrb 4s ? Any recommendations on charger?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparcollector View Post
    Anyone use floureon or hrb 4s ? Any recommendations on charger?
    I use Floureon, but not on anything I care about. Theyíre fine, just that.

RC Qualifier
    If you average anywhere past 40 minutes that's pretty good run time. But everyone is different depends on throttle input of the user. Naturally if you run Full out most of the run you wont see a lot of run time

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_chevy29 View Post
    Im looking for a second set of batteries. I see some with a 75c and 100c ratings. Are those to to high.
    100c is Way Over Kill for the XMAXX "Just my personal thought on that" I would stay in the 50c - 75c range
    50-75c is more than enough PUNCH for the XMAXX anything Higher you going to run the risk of tearing up Drive Line parts.

FYI I Run 35c now from 25c & I am very well Pleased with how my XMAXX runs on 35c

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I use Floureon, but not on anything I care about. They’re fine, just that.
    I use TRAXXAS ID Chargers "I have 2 of them" I take 1 charger to the Off Road track on race day's I have NO Complaints & I have 1 NON-TRAXXAS product Charger "not mentioning names" & that charger takes about 10-12 minutes longer charge time than my 2 TRAXXAS ID's

RC Qualifier
    Anybody have run time info on the traxxas 4s 6700
    I use these - only used then for 2 runs, but each time they have outlasted my 'play session'.
    I will make note of times during next use

RC Enthusiast
    I would love 40 mins of run time, which battery are you running?

RC Enthusiast

Rcjuice

Just picked up a xmaxx 8s and have the dual ez charger and 2 3s 5000 traxxas batteries. Only getting 18 mins of run time and 1 hour 15 mins to charge. Would really like more run time
    8000mah 100c. V1 always 6s hard on gas,run down to 3.6 volts last long time.still have some SMC 8200 too. Average 20 min run times an quit/switch battery. (Never reversed or auto flipped)

RC Enthusiast
    Do you have the 7400 3s batteries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I have SMC 7400’s and 10500’s. The 10500’s I’ve never drained in one session. The 7400’s are good for 25 minutes or so, really depends on what your doing. I’d upgrade your charger as well. That charge time for small batteries is way too long.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Do you have the 7400 3s batteries?
    4S. Make the jump

RC Enthusiast
    I think I really wanted to stay with traxxas. Are the 4s 6700 decent? What should I expect for run time

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think I really wanted to stay with traxxas. Are the 4s 6700 decent? What should I expect for run time
    My only comment to this, is decent okay with you. I think I would consider those decent, yes. The C rating is low, theyíre more prone to puffing that higher C batteries. I think at the end of the day a lipo is as good as itís caretaker. Keep them not too hot, not too cold; donít over discharge them, and donít leave them sitting with full
    Charge more than a day or so.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The runtime difference between my trx 6700 and smc 5400 was about 6 min more for the trx packs. The trx packs were about 60$ more per pack and about 30% heavier. I sold the trx packs...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...