RC poster

installing TQi system and 6533 receiver in rustler

I apologize for what may be a dumb question. I was able to get a TQi controller and the associated receiver for my rustler. I will get the bluetooth module soon. So questions:

1. what is the plug arrangement? Is there a chart or diagram that lays out what goes where?

2. Do I need the bluetooth module in order to operate the car?

3. are the other sensors that are used for rustler used for the new module?

4. Can i make my question any less clear? Oh come on I am just teasing about this one.

Thanks for any help.

1 - same as the arrangement on the current receiver. Steering in ch1 and ESC in ch2

2 - you dont but its recommended you update the firmware if the radio and receiver did not come from a rustler.

3 - which sensors? With the TQi you can hook up the telemetry sensors if thats what you mean. I have my vehicles hooked up with the voltage tap and motor temp sensors so I can monitor from my phone while driving and dont have to keep stopping to check these things
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Thank you for the response.

with question 2, do I need to have the blue tooth adapter in order to update the firmware? The TQi and receiver module is from a TMaxx so if I understand correctly I shuol wait to install until I receive the blue tooth module?

Thanks again sorry for the questions.

Yea you need the bluetooth adaptor and the traxxas app to update the firmware. I never ran my vehicles without updating the firmware so im not sure how bad it is but I’d probably wait if you have the bluetooth module on the way
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL