Thread: TQi Died

RC Enthusiast

TQi Died

Hey all,

Decided to splurge for my birthday and got the LCG kit, Bluetooth module for my TQi (blue), voltage and temp sensors.

Spent all night switching everything over. LCG went smooth. Bluetooth worked and updated all firmware without issues. It was midnight and I figured I was done. my son and I had a big day planned of racing the trucks. I went to open the app and check one more thing, but realized my transmitter wasn't turning on. No lights. No power. Nothing at all. I noticed the Bluetooth module light still working, and I could connect it in the app with my phone, but the transmitter was still showing as disconnected.

My son is pretty bummed, as am I. I couldn't find a whole lot on this issue, but there were a few things from a few years ago. Just curious if anybody is found a way to fix this at home without me sending everything back to Traxxas. I did buy it at my LHS so I'm going to try them on Monday to see if they have a quick fix.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Nothing can be done except to send it in to Traxxas and get it re-flashed. It's a shame that this has to be done and not something that could be done on our own pc's. The cost is roughly 25.00 cdn with a tracking number to ship it out and for this reason I have purchased 4 seperate tx's with bluetooth modules so I don't have down time issues anymore.
    http://www.ebaystores.ca/jennysrcsports

RC Enthusiast
    Funny you mention that. I already have that 3ch for $40cad shipped in my watch list. Found it this morning. Waiting to see the my LHS can/will do on Monday.

I agree, this should be something we can do at home. Downtime sucks.

RC Enthusiast
    UPDATE: Went to my LHS today and they called up Traxxas. I already have it packed and will ship it out tomorrow. I also purchased a 3ch from eBay for $40cad shipped. Wonder which one will get here first.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by t_dogg80 View Post
    Hey all,

Decided to splurge for my birthday and got the LCG kit, Bluetooth module for my TQi (blue), voltage and temp sensors.

Spent all night switching everything over. LCG went smooth. Bluetooth worked and updated all firmware without issues. It was midnight and I figured I was done. my son and I had a big day planned of racing the trucks. I went to open the app and check one more thing, but realized my transmitter wasn't turning on. No lights. No power. Nothing at all. I noticed the Bluetooth module light still working, and I could connect it in the app with my phone, but the transmitter was still showing as disconnected.

My son is pretty bummed, as am I. I couldn't find a whole lot on this issue, but there were a few things from a few years ago. Just curious if anybody is found a way to fix this at home without me sending everything back to Traxxas. I did buy it at my LHS so I'm going to try them on Monday to see if they have a quick fix.

Hi Have nothing against the Blue Tooth stuff But I Just use the TQI as they come from TRAXXAS & me & my son have had no issues at all.... I'd stay with the just the STOCK TQI equipment if I was you. I was leery from the get-go with that APP & connection stuff with the phones.