RC poster

New Jato cant get it to stay running

Hi all. I finally got a Jato as id dreamt of it for years and like the title suggests I havent been able to even do the break in as It wont stay running! Im so frustrated. Ive been trying for 3 weeks now when i have free time off work. It seemed to run for a little while when i had a glow plug igniter on the plug instead of the ez start. Has anyone encountered any issues like this? What should I do?

Welcome to the pains of a new nitro and learning how to get them to run. If it will only run with the glow ignitor attached the plug may need replacing. Also, verify the carb is at factory settings.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thank you. Ordered a couple more glow plugs. The symptoms make sense after reading up on bad glow plugs. And ill recheck the factory settings. The idle gap looks too big compared to some pictures.

RC poster
    hey check into richening up the low-speed needle. the high speed needle is the one on top with the finger grip the low-speed needle is in the center of the slide on the carburetor. a Long reach small flat-head screwdriver will be needed to get through the linkage. when I was breaking mine in I had to Richen it up quite a bit to keep it idling.

RC poster
    Hiyo guys. Just a quick update. I got it running! A new glow plug. One of the 3232x plugs and a factory carb reset. It fired right up and ran well. I got my first 2 tanks through it. It seems to run ok at 1/4 throttle but givving it about 1/2 throttle it seemed to bog down and make a raspy rattling noise. Bit more throttle and it \would then pick up and belch smoke, taking off no problem. When its raspy and rattly it seems hesitant to go. So does this sound like the low speed needle needs adjustment? Im getting there! =) Thanks for the help so far.