Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan366 View Post
    Put on the dynamite robbers and lowered the preload a bit. Even on wet pavement with cheap tires it just stands right up in the air. Front stub shaft didn’t like the power.

Five minutes into 2650kv and chill when your front axle gives you that look.

Have some tekno fronts on their way.
    Front CV axles are quick to go if the front end co.es slightly off the ground. I think my record for breaking front stock axles is seven seconds before they broke with the El Sob special motor system
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Still waiting on my front axles but got a chance to get my receiver box in. It fits incredibly tight to the servo and the wire makes me a little nervous but it works. Also got a chance to install rpm hidden wheelie bar wheels and a heatsink fan combo on the motor. I need a male to male wire for the fan to receiver. If anyone has anything about 10 long Id be forever grateful.

I know what you are saying about the servo wire, I was concerned about that too. I've been running it like that for a couple years with no issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Front Teknos are in. Install was a breeze other than the pin that rolled away on me and somehow took half an hour to find....

Truck runs hard. Wide open throttle to full brake for over 5 minutes to see how hot I could get it and only registered 127 at the very end of the motor by the wiring. Everything else was closer to 90*. Thinking I will slide the heatsink closer to the end since the STRC motor mount is clearly dissipating a lot of heat from the shaft end.

Edit: I should mention that the fan on the motor isn't running. I still need a male to male wire about 10" long to plug it into the receiver. That should drop temps a decent amount.
    Last edited by Trojan366; 05-09-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

Glad you are having fun with the new power combo. Did you put your 20/50 gears in?

Sorry if I missed it, but any updates in your baby? How is your family holding up? Hope all is well!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    I am running hot racing 20/54 gearing and it is plenty fast for me! Even at maybe 30 or so mph, it will stand right up on the wheelie bars at anything over 3/4 throttle.

It has been almost a week and the wife is still pregnant! They sent us home expecting to see us back within 24-48 hours. No such luck. Our 2 daughters were so confused when we came home from the hospital without a new baby brother lol
    Last edited by Trojan366; 05-09-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

RC Competitor
    looks good. But I would not recommend Aluminum a-arms. It may destroy your bulkheads, also metal arms make your truck heavy as well which could brake other things. if you put plastic arms you can spray the ams with wd40. (video to show you how it works)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700U2aYQuM4

RC Racer
    I bought the A arms a while back and have since realized they weren't the best idea. So far they have held up really well. Truck has taken some pretty serious tumbles and come out unscathed. I am going to run them until something breaks and then I will make the change to rpm. Even though they put more stress on the bulkheads, I would bet the added stiffness has saved me at least a few camber links or shock shafts.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

RC Enthusiast
    ...I will make the change to rpm
    RPMs are not recomended for Tekno CVDs cuz they are too flexy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuadeq View Post
    RPMs are not recomended for Tekno CVDs cuz they are too flexy
    I've read that is hit or miss. For the price of the Teknos I would probably just fix them as they break or replace them with MIPs if it became a real issue.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

RC Racer
    Ran 3 batteries through her today without any major carnage. Body mounts are starting to look rough along with the stock body. Ordered up rpm body mounts, snap in body savers and shock towers along with a new Proline 09 Chevy 1500 body. This will be my first try at painting.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

RC Racer
    Installed rpm shock towers and body mounts. Body will have to wait a few days. I noticed my front diff housing is cracked on one of the mounting tabs. Can anyone recommend the best place to get a set of XO1 complete diffs?
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

Installed rpm shock towers and body mounts. Body will have to wait a few days. I noticed my front diff housing is cracked on one of the mounting tabs. Can anyone recommend the best place to get a set of XO1 complete diffs?
    I get alot of stuff from Jenny's RC. They are out of stock right now, just keep checking back. You can find them on Ebay, I've bought stuff from seller Lumidave before too.https://jennysrc.com/products/xo-1-d...-front-or-rear

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    ugg, I just ordered a normal slash 4x4 front dif from them cuz I couldn't rebuild one on my own. I didn't think to get the xo-1's..... I might want to order 2 of those and just upgrade front and rear both now since I already have to tear all 4 corners apart for rpm arms, traxx half shafts, strc shock towers, etc. The spending never ends.

RC Racer
    I ended up finding fro t and rwar diffs with housings on eBay. Brand new xo1 takeoffs. Saves me greasing and filling with fluid and solves my cracked diff case issue on the front.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

RC Racer
    Managed to sneak in some time to work on the new body over the course of the day. This is my first time cutting and painting a body. I’d say I did ok. Some of the tape lines are a little less than perfect and I will most likely need to trim behind the rear wheels just a bit more. Could have come out worse lol.

Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

Looks good! :thumbiup:
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12