RC Qualifier

Battery Usage Question - with Link App

This may seem like a noob question so please forgive me!

I have 2x 4S 6700mAh Traxxas batteries that came with my X-Maxx (8S).

So, storage charge is 3.8v per cell.
    Full charge is 4.1v per cell.

When fully charged the Traxxas Link app dashboard shows me 6.6v in the battery gauge and the battery indicator in the top right corner shows 4 bars of battery remaining.

My batteries are currently in storage charge mode - so at 3.8v per cell etc - but I connected them to my truck as I wanted to see where I could run them down to when out in the field.

The battery indicator in the top right corner shows 3 bars out of 4 remaining.
    The dashboard gauge shows 6.1/6.0v (fluctuates between).

Is this correct??

RC Competitor
    I'm not sure what the default voltage it's reading is, but I was able to change the gauge in the settings to show the actual battery voltage.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the 6V might be your controller's battery voltage.

6v is usually what your bec is supplying to the reciever.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    How do I show the actual battery voltage - I want to be able to see how much play time I have left!

EDIT: I think I have it - you need to add a new gauge and select ESC voltage as the sensor to use, otherwise it defaults to receiver voltage.
    Will try this when I get home today!

On a side note - what do you generally set the battery warning alarm to?? 30.4v?
    Whats the absolute lowest I can go to on 8S before I could damage the batteries?
    Last edited by IftiBashir; 04-30-2019 at 03:52 AM.

If you want the actual battery voltage you need the 6541 voltage tap. This will get plugged into the motor temp sensor which should already be installed in your truck
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    If you want the actual battery voltage you need the 6541 voltage tap. This will get plugged into the motor temp sensor which should already be installed in your truck
    I thought this was all built into the 8S truck already?

Can I cut a little of the red plastic off of the battery cable coming from the ESC and solder the 6541 wire directly to it rather then having to purchase and use the TRA3070 connector?
    Last edited by Double G; 05-01-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: merge, clutter reduction

RC Qualifier
    I just checked my truck and by adding the ESC Voltage gauge it seems to show battery voltage fine, so the 6541 doesn't seem to be needed?

(Batteries currently in storage)