RC Enthusiast

Battery questions

Any issue running 3s packs in the 8s v2 truck? Just slower or is the higher voltage required to run at all?

Annoying that my ezpeak dual charger can’t handle 4s and the “starter pack” battery kit comes with a single-battery charger😕

May need to run in training mode for a while anyway (hoping it has training mode?) so some speed loss probably not a huge deal

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Yes, the VXL-8S ESC can take 6s-8s. So you can run 2 3s packs in the 8s v2 truck. It will just be slower. It also have training mode like any other Traxxas ESC.

RC Enthusiast
    Great - thanks for the info

RC Qualifier
    You can run 2 4 Cell packs too

Quote Originally Posted by lowpolyjoe View Post
    Any issue running 3s packs in the 8s v2 truck? Just slower or is the higher voltage required to run at all?

Annoying that my ezpeak dual charger can’t handle 4s and the “starter pack” battery kit comes with a single-battery charger��

May need to run in training mode for a while anyway (hoping it has training mode?) so some speed loss probably not a huge deal

Thanks
    What Burst C rating are your packs you will need @ least 35C anything lower will puff your LIPOS
    Last edited by Double G; 04-30-2019 at 08:13 AM. Reason: merge, more clutter reduction

RC Enthusiast
    I mess around with 3s and 4s in my truck, 3s is fine and still lots of fun but 4s is just more fun to me. I have the 8s x maxx

RC Enthusiast
    thanks Grave - i'll be using Traxxas batteries... i think they are burst 50C

good info Klay. our local hobby shop guy said it's a noticeable difference.

turns out there does exist a starter-pack that provides a dual-battery charger that supports 4s, so that's what we're going with (it's actually gonna be my wife's truck). they didn't have it in stock at my lhs when we first looked

truck should arrive tomorrow so looking forward to a weekend of bashing in my woods.

RC Qualifier
    I got the starter pack - comes with the Traxxas Live charger (with bluetooth) and 2 4S 6700mAh Lipo's.
    No issues at all.