RC poster

GPM carriers issue

I bought 2 pairs of GPM alu carriers for my 1/16 summit. To my surprise the pivot balls don't fit the carriers. Initially I thought maybe they were meant for a different 1/16 platform but I'm flummoxed since since all 4 versions of the Traxxas 1/16 platform based on the MERV chassis use the same pivot balls. What am I missing or maybe I just received carriers for some other brand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ZK

Sorry I can't answer your question but I have a question. Why would you ever buy aluminum parts for a 1/16th scale vehicle? Please don't take this the wrong way I am just flabbergasted that they would even make them.

Just to make sure, are these the GPM knuckles you purchased?

https://www.gpmparts.com/traxxas-116...-90021248.html
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    What's the scale have to do with it? The stock, plastic carriers are junk. Too much wheel wobble. Unless you're content running a stock, brushed model, they need to be upgraded.

RC Qualifier
    If you canít get the ones you have to work, Iíve had pretty good luck with the RPM ones. Gets rid of the wobble!!

RC Competitor
    I have never had much luck with anything that I’ve purchased from GPM. I put the RPM carriers on my MERV. I’ve got a buddy that had excellent results using the Hot Racing aluminum ones. Hope this helps!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by scoviman View Post
    I have never had much luck with anything that Iíve purchased from GPM. I put the RPM carriers on my MERV. Iíve got a buddy that had excellent results using the Hot Racing aluminum ones. Hope this helps!
    The Hot Racing carriers got rid of 100% of my wheel wobble. Great product.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, the Hot Racing carriers are the ticket to eliminate some wheel problems. The other wheel problems can be addressed by running Proline Titus Beadlock rims and tires and upgrading all the plastic pillow balls to the metal ones.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!