RC Competitor

Sway bar options 2wd hcg?

Does anyone make a setup that does not mount to the front bumper? Right now I have one setup like the hot-racing or dynamite sway bar, but I notice I get a lot of flex out of the bumper. The bar works like it should but you would think all that flex in the bumper takes away from it's effectiveness. Maybe I'm overthinking it. I'm running on asphalt mostly using proline shock towers, rpm wide arms from my stampede, hot-racing silver progressive springs F/R with ultra shocks 40wt F/R 50wt. Runs pretty good, handles wide sweeping corners great but when it comes to tighter turns it seems no matter how much I slow down it rolls so much the rear inside lifts and either spins or flips. I have tried different springs, oil wt, a 1 hole piston everything has a noticeable effect just not the one I want lol. Maybe I'm just that close to the limit for the hcg chassis. I'm open to any suggestions just not the lcg, I still like to throw m/t tires on it bash in the dirt and see how far I can launch it. I can be pretty abusive on it not really what the lcg is for not sure it would hold up.

The flex in the bumper has little effect on the functionality of the sway bar. What has a much larger effect are the RPM arms since when they flex all the suspension geometry is throw out of whack, try the new cold weather arms from Traxxas.

The LCG chassis is only a good upgrade. Nothing you fear is real about it. It doesn't change anything about the front or rear clips so you can still run the same wheels without issue. It's support geometry is better so the chassis in general is stronger. It has no reduction on off-road activity and really improves it. Since the bottom is flat front to back you don't get hung up on debris unlike the HCG chassis.

RC Competitor
    I ended up getting the lcg and I’m loving it. Used some 2.3mm music wire for the front sway bar and 1.5mm in the rear. It did not like the rear sway bar at all I already ditched it. No more lifting the inside rear it’s lifting inside front under acceleration leans over a little to much I think, using the included progressive springs probably not best for asphalt. Haven’t really tested it I. The dirt yet having to much fun on asphalt.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The flex in the bumper has little effect on the functionality of the sway bar. What has a much larger effect are the RPM arms since when they flex all the suspension geometry is throw out of whack, try the new cold weather arms from Traxxas.

The LCG chassis is only a good upgrade. Nothing you fear is real about it. It doesn't change anything about the front or rear clips so you can still run the same wheels without issue. It's support geometry is better so the chassis in general is stronger. It has no reduction on off-road activity and really improves it. Since the bottom is flat front to back you don't get hung up on debris unlike the HCG chassis.
    Thanks for the informative and persuasive advice, Zedorda! I was wondering if I should keep the HCG chassis and get sway bars or get a LCG chassis. I have a Traxxas Ford F-150 Raptor. I really like its design so I want to keep it looking like a Ford Raptor. Will the LCG chassis make it look different (noticeable difference)? If it doesn’t I will definitely get the LCG chassis. Thanks!