RC Competitor

Question Should I get an Xmaxx

Hi, so I have an erevo 2.0 love the truck and I have been thinking of getting another rig and of course, I have been eyeing the xmaxx because who isn't. Is it a good choice is there much of a learning curve? Also besides the initial cost is maintenance real expensive?
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

I say get one. If you are in this hobby and worried about cost and maintenance.....

Once you get one the revo will be setting on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6 X-MAXX's total one built from ground up 3 8s!!!

RC Competitor
    What are the best upgrades for it?

Also, should I wait a while to see if traxxas updates it or just pull the trigger?
    Last edited by Double G; 05-02-2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Merge

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bashing fo fun View Post
    Also, should I wait a while to see if traxxas updates it or just pull the trigger?
    Probably wont see an update for years or none at all.

Only upgrades I did was the bigger servo and replaced my a arms with rpm as they broke. If castle dont make a 1/6 monster truck motor esc combo I'll do a max6 once the stock 8s dies.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Traxxas is always going to be updating. With that said get one you will not look back. As far as upgrades get the max 6 esc , but still run the stock.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the help I will start compiling funds and then probably pull the trigger.

RC Enthusiast

V1 xmaxx

Thanks for the help I will start compiling funds and then probably pull the trigger.
    Got v1 ,6s ,8s drive train harder steel.so far upgrades fit ,an hopefully carries on in future. If you don't understand size matters,you well.buy clear body's,become somebody like monster jam an love it.

RC Qualifier
    A few upgrades to get you started!!

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...Upgrades-Build

RC Competitor
    Big news just ordered the xmaxx and thanks for all the help. I got it in OrangeX.

Sweet. Now you wonít be able to sleep. Itís Christmas all over again.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You wonít be sorry.

RC Qualifier
    You did the right thing. Now have someone drive your E-Revo while you drive the X-Maxx. The best upgrade is to reinforce the body with Shoe Goo and Fibatape and put body savers on it (use Traxxas 3646 screws):

Then get the RPM front and rear bumper supports. You will have a lot of fun with just those mods.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Competitor
    Hey should I wait to buy the max6 or can I wait a little while because that is definitely an extra cost? $$$$$

Hey should I wait to buy the max6 or can I wait a little while because that is definitely an extra cost? $$$$$
    Why buy a new ESC when the 8s one that comes with your new truck works just fine. (IMO) that would be silly. Wait until things break or wear out before you replace it. Now, if you get your new Xmaxx and it doesn't run like you want it to, then that's a different story. Now, you have a moral obligation to man it up to the point that lets you keep your head held high. Good luck!
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-04-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Just some food for thought, you can get 100$ -120$ for your vxl8s. I sold mine unused in about 10 minutes for 100$ on FB marketplace. If you are confident you are going to want a max6 in the future you could essentially get it for 50$ if you sell your vxl8s while it's still worth something. Once its toast, if it's out of warranty you will have to pony up the full 150$ or 200$ for a max 5. On the the flip side, you might get years of happy use out of the vxl8s and upgrade in other areas. Also there has been enough issues with the vxl8s that other people have said that Traxxas has issued a warranty replacement to them well past the 30 days.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    In my case, the max 6 is not an upgrade. My 8s esc is fine. The max 6 would just be a replacement. Stock esc has been stellar for 2 years. I did have to update the firmware to get it to run right tho.

If your gonna pull the stock esc, pull it for a motor and esc power upgrade. Your not gonna get a performance increase from the max 6...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    In my case, the max 6 is not an upgrade. My 8s esc is fine. The max 6 would just be a replacement. Stock esc has been stellar for 2 years. I did have to update the firmware to get it to run right tho.

If your gonna pull the stock esc, pull it for a motor and esc power upgrade. Your not gonna get a performance increase from the max 6...
    Good point. If you change the ESC, change the motor too. Go with a Max 5/Castle XLX and a 11 to 1200kv motor or a Max 6 and a 8 to 900kv motor. If not, I'd keep what you have until something poops out.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    I was on the fence for a long time to get the X maxx. Then I was looking at the Losi DBXL-E. They both have their purpose depending on what you want to do with it. I wanted something I could corner heard with without flipping over. I will eventually by the X Maxx it’s just cool. I do love E Revo 2.0. Definitely easier to look around.

RC Competitor
    Thank you all for the help I just got scared when I heard about the xmaxx fires. I'm still waiting on the truck counting the seconds.

RC Qualifier
    I like the stock 8S ESC. Just keep it.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Competitor
    Hey thanks for the help I don't wanna wait another second to get the truck

RC Competitor
    Xmaxx is definitely worth it and you will enjoy. I’ve been mostly into the nitro traxxas. I bought a xmaxx about 2 weeks ago and it has been a ton of fun. Only down side is the runtime In my opinion. I will be picking up extra batteries. I’ve been bashing mine for 2 days now at the beach.

RC Qualifier
    Hi, so I have an erevo 2.0 love the truck and I have been thinking of getting another rig and of course, I have been eyeing the xmaxx because who isn't. Is it a good choice is there much of a learning curve? Also besides the initial cost is maintenance real expensive?
    ummm, yes.. get one.

honestly there isn't a lot of maintenance cost.
    there is however some cost depending on what you hit.
    once you own the truck, lipos and charger, no real cost at all until you hit stuff.

RC Competitor
    Hehehe I just got it it is a monster

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post

I personally noticed an upgrade in performance going from a VXL8S to a Max 6. Much smoother and punchier. Im nit sure if it was a firmware issue, but it costs about $20 to upgrade to a Max 6, so why not for piece of mind, better tuning options, increased BEC etc