RC Racer

Software update changed smart auto-sensors to regular sensors

Traxxas software forced an update and now my smart auto-sensor for voltage and temp auto-magically changed to regular sensors. Now the telemetry will not work on my Bandit VXL.

The smart auto telemetry sensors now show up as regular sensors in the software. When I go to display the gauges only the rpm pickup is working. The temp and voltage selection says auto-sensor.

I'm using the older telemetry expander, not the new 2.0 version. Please fix it!

RC Racer
    I can't drive my car without the temp and volt sensors.

RC Racer
    Everything is up and running.

I unplugged the telemetry expander, turned the car on, deleted the gauges, and refreshed the traxxas link app. That didn't work.

Then I rebooted the phone, plugged in just the telemetry expander, and the two way communication icon displayed on the screen. Turned off the car and plugged in the auto-sensors, refreshed the sensor screen, now the sensors show up as auto sensors in A3 and A4.

Hope every software push doesn't disable my auto-sensors.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by danner View Post
    Everything is up and running.

I unplugged the telemetry expander, turned the car on, deleted the gauges, and refreshed the traxxas link app. That didn't work.

Then I rebooted the phone, plugged in just the telemetry expander, and the two way communication icon displayed on the screen. Turned off the car and plugged in the auto-sensors, refreshed the sensor screen, now the sensors show up as auto sensors in A3 and A4.

Hope every software push doesn't disable my auto-sensors.
    Good that you got it figured out, these electronics can be frustrating even with following the directions!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Thanks, glad it's working!