RC Qualifier

Best one for me?!

Have an E-Revo 2.0 which Iíll be running on 2x 7600 2S mainly but might also go to 2x 5000 3S

Just in two minds over the EZ Peak dual 100w Vs EZ Peak live dual 200w (at a £70 premium)

As Iíve never run these batteries wondering on rough charge time etc between the two options?

The 100w charger is total, not per side so if you have one battery requiring 70w of power the other port will have only 30w to work with. The 200w will be able to put more power to both sides.

How long it takes depends on the charge rate. Use this charger calculator: http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/info...-calculator/#A
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    The 100w charger is total, not per side so if you have one battery requiring 70w of power the other port will have only 30w to work with. The 200w will be able to put more power to both sides.

How long it takes depends on the charge rate. Use this charger calculator: http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/info...-calculator/#A
    Thank you and yes aware the quoted wattage is total.

So going by that calculator charge times are
    100w charger 2x 7600 2S will take roughly 83mins
    200w charger 2x 7600 2S will take roughly 40mins

Quote Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
    Thank you and yes aware the quoted wattage is total.

So going by that calculator charge times are
    100w charger 2x 7600 2S will take roughly 83mins
    200w charger 2x 7600 2S will take roughly 40mins
    The ezpeak dual puts out 4A/50W x 2, which will charge those packs around what your estimating.

The ezpeak dual live puts out 13.4A/200w x 2, which will charge in less than half the time at almost 2C rate as it has a lot more current per port.

1C would be 7.6A/56.24W.
    2C would be 15.2A/112.48W.

So, you will have headroom for watts at 2C, but it will hit the current limit of 13.4A before it gets to the full 2C charge rate.

If you think you will want to run 3S at some point, I'd get the dual live as 3S requires more watts. A 3S/5000mah needs 10A/111W to charge at a 2C rate.

I made the mistake of going on the cheaper end for a charger when I started running electric. Could have put that $100 to better use in a more capable charger.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Ended up changing my kit and went with the EZ-Peak dual live charger and 4x 3S batteries.

Odd thing happened today and a quick google search/manual check didn’t offer any answers!

I was putting both pairs into storage charge, the first pair charged fine the second pair on side kept dropping out, as in it would start to charge and then go into the mode as if you had just plugged the battery in ‘ready to charge’ did this three times (same side) nothing flashed up on the charger or the app.

Any ideas, obviously on each occasion I made sure the terminal was plugged in properly.