RC poster

Spartan loses power 3 seconds after full throttle

Hi, I am using a 6s lipos on my Spartan. It motor/prop runs fine when out of water but as soon as it hits the water, it loses more than half its power after 2-3 seconds of throttle. Then when I throttle again, it does the same thing again. I am using 2 3S 7700mah 35C batteries.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am lost.

I'm going to assume that you aren't in "Training Mode", that your running an all stock Spartan, and that you have your ESC set in "Lipo" mode.

There's not a whole lot to trouble shoot with a boat. If I were you I'd try these few little things. First, I'd disconnect your motor from your cable drive. At the motor side of the flex cable spin your flex cable with your fingers. It (of course) should spin freely without any resistance.

Next, use your fingers to spin the motor's shaft at the coupler. It should feel like you're spinning a prop on a nitro powered RC airplane. If these two steps feels good to you, you're going to have to use the substation method to trouble shoot. I'd drop in different motor first, because the odds are that's your problem. If not, swop out your ESC, and let us know what you find.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.