RC poster

Best All Round Tyre for General Bashing

G'day guys, ive ordered my Brushless 2.0 and in the process of ordering parts for it. I see a lot of people talking about the proline badlands for general work, can anyone confirm and also maybe help with part number needed etc. Cheers

RC Competitor
    The stock tires work just fine but you should tape them to avoid ballooning. The Proline tires are heavy putting more strain on the motor and drivetrain.

RC Enthusiast
    My buddy recently got Proline tires and the extra weight is noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Endrei View Post
    My buddy recently got Proline tires and the extra weight is noticeable.
    That's too general of a statement. Which proline tires did he get? Original 3.8 badlands, shockwave 3.8s are way lighter than talon EXTs. Badlands mx38s are .4oz heavier than talon EXTs per tire. Really depends on what style. Original badlands, shockwaves and blockades are all lighter than stock and the difference is noticeable in a good way. The mx38s even though the weight isn't that different is noticeable just from the shear size of them, they are huge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone18 View Post
    G'day guys, ive ordered my Brushless 2.0 and in the process of ordering parts for it. I see a lot of people talking about the proline badlands for general work, can anyone confirm and also maybe help with part number needed etc. Cheers
    I've ran alot of different tires, best all around in my opinion are proline shockwaves. I wasn't very happy with any tire larger than stock. Nothing hooks up better than badlands mx38, but they are too clunky for me.

RC Qualifier
    I've been enjoying my Badlands mx38,. Do balloon alot on 6s speed runs. But good traction on everything even sand.

I've only used the stock, some mt six packs.

Hear the shockwaves are good. And smaller Badlands would be interesting on this rig. Tire weight does affect the car a lot off jumps. Changes how it dives, how easy to backflip ect..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Proline Shockwaves are discontinued, so get then where you can. I did run Badlands on my V1 and liked them. Taping or Kevar threading is recommended. They do wear fast on the street though.

RC Qualifier
    I hated Badlands MX38s on mine, and Im not overly impressed with my SRC Terrain Crushers.

Stock have been the best for me IMO

RC Racer
    Went on Prolines web page and they have discontinued a lot of tires. This is the one I like. https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...7mm-wheels.asp

RC Racer
    I am liking the looks of the pro-line interco.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I am liking the looks of the pro-line interco.
    I do not like those. They look sweet and that's about it for me. They are surprisingly good on pavement, decent in mud, pretty meh on grass and doo doo on hard pack. They do look sweet though.

RC Racer
    thanks for the real world feedback, prolly saved me a hundred bucks.

cuz I dont want to destroy this on pavement, no matter how much fun it is
    Last edited by fozzy71; 05-16-2019 at 08:52 PM.

RC Racer
    thanks for the real world feedback, prolly saved me a hundred bucks.

cuz I dont want to destroy this on pavement, no matter how much fun it is

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Went on Prolines web page and they have discontinued a lot of tires. This is the one I like. https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...7mm-wheels.asp
    Ive saw this too, but cant get any information on them. Stock levels are terrible in the UK too. Hopefully means a new range is out soon

The 3.8 offerings from Proline have become pretty stagnant. I have been hoping they come out with something new for a while now. I'd like to see a tire size right between the badlands and the mx38s. Make the compound a little more durable than original badlands, keep the tread pattern the the same, bada bing, perfect tire for the 2.0.

RC poster
    I was told that these are the ones to go for...….my local hobby shop recommended it to me

https://www.sweepracingusa.com/Monst...set_p_568.html

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    The 3.8 offerings from Proline have become pretty stagnant. I have been hoping they come out with something new for a while now. I'd like to see a tire size right between the badlands and the mx38s. Make the compound a little more durable than original badlands, keep the tread pattern the the same, bada bing, perfect tire for the 2.0.

I want a badland the same size as stock talons.

So far the stock 2.0s are my favorite tire. I bought the blockades and really liked them but now the rubber is all stretched and they balloon at 1/4 throttle and vibrate like a paint shaker.

I had shockwaves on my last erevo but never ran them aggressive or on 6s because I couldn't keep the rest of the erevo together.

I'm going to try some duratrax 6 pack for something different. I was going to try the MX38 but I hear they are heavy and I'd rather the lightest tire possible that stays together which will probably be shockwaves but I wanna try a new brand first.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    I want a badland the same size as stock talons.

So far the stock 2.0s are my favorite tire. I bought the blockades and really liked them but now the rubber is all stretched and they balloon at 1/4 throttle and vibrate like a paint shaker.

I had shockwaves on my last erevo but never ran them aggressive or on 6s because I couldn't keep the rest of the erevo together.

I'm going to try some duratrax 6 pack for something different. I was going to try the MX38 but I hear they are heavy and I'd rather the lightest tire possible that stays together which will probably be shockwaves but I wanna try a new brand first.

I kind of want to try a different brand too, I had 2.8 six packs for my stampede 4x4 and they were total garbage. The videos I saw of duratrax 3.8s ballooning make me real hesitant to buy a set. I love the blockades. I bought a set unmounted and used the wide gorilla tape and they've been good for over a year now. I might try a set of the traxxas sport trax or response pro. I've been contemplating some truggy tires too. No option seems perfect, hard to decide.

RC Champion
    I kind of want to try a different brand too, I had 2.8 six packs for my stampede 4x4 and they were total garbage. The videos I saw of duratrax 3.8s ballooning make me real hesitant to buy a set. I love the blockades. I bought a set unmounted and used the wide gorilla tape and they've been good for over a year now. I might try a set of the traxxas sport trax or response pro. I've been contemplating some truggy tires too. No option seems perfect, hard to decide.

I may try and boil my blockades and separate them and tape the insides.

RC Champion
    Just ordered some of the response racing from traxxas.

I think they are smaller than stocks but still bigger than badlands. I believe these came on the revo 3.3 revolution or what ever the special edition nitro was with the wing.

RC Champion
    They came on the Revo Platinum. I ran them on my 3.3. They worked great for hard packed surfaces, and light sand. Stay away from asphalt w them or they will be bald in no time.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Just ordered some of the response racing from traxxas.

I think they are smaller than stocks but still bigger than badlands. I believe these came on the revo 3.3 revolution or what ever the special edition nitro was with the wing.

I'm really curious how those will do. I have been eyeing them for a while. My favorite tire is the J Concepts Choppers, but of course they don't make them in 3.8.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/qFhFY4W87VeST83E9
    The Traxxas Response pro look like they should perform similarly. Looking forward to your thoughts on them.

RC poster
    What replacement tire do you guys recommend for a truck that gets used on asphalt about half the time?
    (Generally grass or asphalt, not much dirt use, other than hard packed clay).
    Seems like the stock ones actually perform really well on pavement and concrete, but they do burn up pretty quick.
    Thanks.

I ran trencher 3.8's on my ERBEv1 with 4S. They liked to break shock/rod ends. I ran alloy p2 rockers and RPM arms with the pushrods in the middle hole of the arms. I ran 60wt/vdk2/rc raven dual rate springs. I had rear limiters on it as at first, I was ripping rod ends off. Once I put those on, I didn't rip them off anymore, just folded them over and popped the front pillow balls through the RPM carriers frequently.

I also ran the SRC terrain crushers. Spun a hex in one (they were all tight) and 3 have big cracks in them. Don't use them for jumping, even landing on grass.

I switched it back the traxxas 3.8 t-maxx wheels/tires before transplanting parts onto a 2.0 roller. Then with 6S, I wrapped the tires with kevlar string to avoid blowing them apart. I just didn't care for them as they didn't have enough rotational mass to give me hardly any air control. Back flips were near impossible.

I now have thunder tiger mt4 tires/wheels on it. Had to fiddle with the hex's with an exacto to get them to fit on traxxas hubs, but so far, I like them. They are 1oz lighter than trencher 3.8's and a bit narrower. I put kevlar on them as well. I still don't have a lot of in air control, but I can pull a backflip if I'm aggressive about it. I might try moving the rear pillow ball's to the shorter wheel base holes. Not sure if that's taking away from the air control or not, guessing it is.

So far, they are working well. I only have one bash day on them, which was 25 minutes at a grass bmx track and 30 minutes at a skate park.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I ran trencher 3.8's on my ERBEv1 with 4S. They liked to break shock/rod ends. I ran alloy p2 rockers and RPM arms with the pushrods in the middle hole of the arms. I ran 60wt/vdk2/rc raven dual rate springs. I had rear limiters on it as at first, I was ripping rod ends off. Once I put those on, I didn't rip them off anymore, just folded them over and popped the front pillow balls through the RPM carriers frequently.

I also ran the SRC terrain crushers. Spun a hex in one (they were all tight) and 3 have big cracks in them. Don't use them for jumping, even landing on grass.

I switched it back the traxxas 3.8 t-maxx wheels/tires before transplanting parts onto a 2.0 roller. Then with 6S, I wrapped the tires with kevlar string to avoid blowing them apart. I just didn't care for them as they didn't have enough rotational mass to give me hardly any air control. Back flips were near impossible.

I now have thunder tiger mt4 tires/wheels on it. Had to fiddle with the hex's with an exacto to get them to fit on traxxas hubs, but so far, I like them. They are 1oz lighter than trencher 3.8's and a bit narrower. I put kevlar on them as well. I still don't have a lot of in air control, but I can pull a backflip if I'm aggressive about it. I might try moving the rear pillow ball's to the shorter wheel base holes. Not sure if that's taking away from the air control or not, guessing it is.

So far, they are working well. I only have one bash day on them, which was 25 minutes at a grass bmx track and 30 minutes at a skate park.
    Those are some sexy wheels and tires. I'm digging them.

RC Racer
    I agree all those 3.8 proline tires are too big and heavy, maybe except for the original badlands but they look too skinny in my opinion. My favorite tire to run is the old 3.2 proline masher. Too bad they don't make them anymore but I have a few sets to use and I tape them so no ballooning.

Those are some sexy wheels and tires. I'm digging them.

I could probably remove the "beadlock" to save an ounce or two. It's held on from the back with 3 screws, just for looks. Figured I'd leave them on as I tend to bang up the edge of the rims at skate parks. At least they would cover up dinged up chrome. lol
    Expert rigging at it's best!