Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2

    Just bought an X-Maxx! 1st RC Vehicle

    Hello X-Maxx Community,
    I'm new to this hobby, just bought my first RC vehicle, the X-Maxx. Wow! what FUN!
    I flew RC planes for years, but that hobby just became too restrictive here on Long Island, NY.
    Always wanted an RC car/truck, now I have one of the best, based on what I've read on this forum.
    Thanks to all of you for the never-ending info! I also picked up the TRX-4 Tactical, because Crawling looked like fun! It IS!

    Thanx,
    Maxx66

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    251
    Oh boy, there is time to turn back before you are addicted...

    They are a lot of fun.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    880
    Reinforce the body before you drive it. It will save you a lot of pain and $ down the road.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    18
    Good Choice My first R/C was a Xmaxx and it turned into a addiction real quick, have a plan for upgrades body washers a must if your looking to save your body from to much damage.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    Welcome to the forum


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    5,723
    Those are outSTANDING first choices!

    Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

  7. #7
    RC Racer X-Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    141
    Welcome to the forums! The X-Maxx is a great truck to start with as a beginner, and with a few simple upgrades and "hacks" if you will, then the experience/addiction can be so much better than it is straight out of the box. here are the top 3 things to do with your X-Maxx after it comes out of the box.
    • Update the VXL-8s esc firmware. This helps fix any issues you may have on day 1.
    • WD-40 the entire truck. This allows more pliability and flex in the plastics, check out Kevin Talbot's X-Maxx as he has done this.

    • RPM hub carriers can help eliminate rear bearing failure.

    These three tips should help out with your new X-Maxx. Happy Bashing!
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrossmxz View Post
    Oh boy, there is time to turn back before you are addicted...

    They are a lot of fun.
    LOL, I think it's too late!

    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Reinforce the body before you drive it. It will save you a lot of pain and $ down the road.
    I started to do this, but then simply bought a Brute body.

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Maxx View Post
    Welcome to the forums! The X-Maxx is a great truck to start with as a beginner, and with a few simple upgrades and "hacks" if you will, then the experience/addiction can be so much better than it is straight out of the box. here are the top 3 things to do with your X-Maxx after it comes out of the box.
    • Update the VXL-8s esc firmware. This helps fix any issues you may have on day 1.
    • WD-40 the entire truck. This allows more pliability and flex in the plastics, check out Kevin Talbot's X-Maxx as he has done this.

    • RPM hub carriers can help eliminate rear bearing failure.

    These three tips should help out with your new X-Maxx. Happy Bashing!
    Thanks for the tips.

    Maybe you can tell me...Is there a battery pack upgrade for the transmitter? I dislike going through piles of AA batts.
    I'm familiar with re-chargeable AA's, I'm talking more along the lines of a single re-chargeable pack?


    Thanks
    Last edited by Double G; 05-24-2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: merge, use the edit button or multiple quote button

  9. #9
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,321
    You shouldn't be going through piles of batteries unless you leave the tx on 24/7. I replace mine maybe yearly or longer than that. The old AM radios used 8 AA and would eat them up.
    The Super Derecho

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrossmxz View Post
    Oh boy, there is time to turn back before you are addicted...

    They are a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx66 View Post
    LOL, I think it's too late!

    ...
    Thanks
    I am right there with you, 3 kits deep and double that in chargers, batteries, repair/upgrade parts. I went slash 4x4 ultimate - rustler vxl - e-revo. I sorta wish I woulda went with the e-revo first. X-Maxx is at the top of my wishlist, which is massive. I am hoping if I get these 0% balance transfers paid off for all the stuff I didn't pay cash for by my birthday in September then I am throwing an x-maxx and a few prs of batteries back on one of the cards.

  11. #11
    RC Racer X-Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx66 View Post
    LOL, I think it's too late!



    I started to do this, but then simply bought a Brute body.



    Thanks for the tips.

    Maybe you can tell me...Is there a battery pack upgrade for the transmitter? I dislike going through piles of AA batts.
    I'm familiar with re-chargeable AA's, I'm talking more along the lines of a single re-chargeable pack?


    Thanks
    The older TQi radios with the docking base had a 6 cell NIMH pack as an option abut the newer TQi's don't have this option unfortunately.

    Also I forgot to add these in my last post. RPM hinge pins for the rear so the stock pins don't fall out. Just note you will need to use a drill bit or a body reamer to make the holes on the back of the arm big enough to fit the threaded part of the pin through all of the way. https://tinyurl.com/y3py5g7g
    Last edited by X-Maxx; 05-25-2019 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Added content
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    5,723
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Maxx View Post
    The older TQi radios with the docking base had a 6 cell NIMH pack as an option abut the newer TQi's don't have this option unfortunately.

    Also I forgot to add these in my last post. RPM hinge pins for the rear so the stock pins don't fall out. Just note you will need to use a drill bit or a body reamer to make the holes on the back of the arm big enough to fit the threaded part of the pin through all of the way. https://tinyurl.com/y3py5g7g
    I've just purchased a set of these, as my xmaxx now spits out at least one rear hinge pin every bash session.

    Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

  13. #13
    RC Racer X-Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I've just purchased a set of these, as my xmaxx now spits out at least one rear hinge pin every bash session.

    Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Hope they work out well for you. The work great with their rear hubs.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    5,723
    I hope they will too! I have a brand new set of 9400 3s packs that I haven't been able to break in .

    Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    5,723
    I just installed two of them, and man that is slick! Just what the doctor ordered!

    Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •