RC poster

Metal Washers in a 2wd Transmission

So recently, I had to open up the transmission because the spur gear had too much play in it. When I took it apart, the shaft the spur gear sits on popped out, the gear inside moved up the shaft a bit, and the 2 rubber washers there split and were useless. My dad was by the hobby shop and stopped there and picked up washers that were the same size, but ,metal. When I put it back together, it sounded like the gears were slipping. I thought that the metal washers are the cause, but my dad says it's not. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experiences with metal washers in the transmission that don't work.

RC Racer
    [Typewriter noises] . . . Somewhere in the Eastwest . . .
    As you can seem in the exploded view I am posing a link to the washers used are pfte washers, and they are 0.5 mm thick, so the washers you are using are possibly to thick. Also, while you're at it you may want to teplace the ball bearings.

https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/Ru...ssion-Assembly

RC poster
    Now that you mention it, the washers that my dad picked up came in a pack of multiple thickness'. The largest was 0.25 mm thick, so I used 2 of those for each one that broke. Is it possible that it doesn't matter that it's metal, but rather that I used 2 pieces instead of just 1?

RC poster
    Ok, so just talked to Traxxas support and pointed out that the pin at the bottom of the shaft could be broken. I will double check, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is now. The original problem as I said was that the gear in the transmission had moved on the shaft, which I am guessing broke the pin. If that's what it is, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by 808Warrior View Post
    Ok, so just talked to Traxxas support and pointed out that the pin at the bottom of the shaft could be broken. I will double check, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is now. The original problem as I said was that the gear in the transmission had moved on the shaft, which I am guessing broke the pin. If that's what it is, I'll let you know.
    Replace those metal washers with the right size pfte washers to while your at it. They're there for a reason.