Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1

    Self Righting Feature Trouble

    Hi. Im the newby. Does anyone know why my self-righting feature is not working? Could I have shut it off when I was setting up my Transmitter? Even an idea of what it might would be cool right about now. Thanks.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    760
    IMO I wouldnít use the self righting feature if at all possible. Itís very hard on the drivetrain parts. You could end up messing up the diffs. Hopefully some other will answer as to why it isnít working, but like I said, I would go turn the truck over versus using the self righting feature. But that is just me.

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    IMO I wouldn’t use the self righting feature if at all possible. It’s very hard on the drivetrain parts. You could end up messing up the diffs. Hopefully some other will answer as to why it isn’t working, but like I said, I would go turn the truck over versus using the self righting feature. But that is just me.
    I completely agree with this, i have seen several people have issues with the self righting damaging their truck, including me first time i used my self right my esc gave methe all red flashing lights of death straight outta the box 8( then the second time i attempted it after replacing my esc it blew a tire instantly so i gave up on it and if i cant self right it myself using the trigger ill go back to the old fashioned chase her down flip her over strategy ��

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    36
    I believe that the car straightening works only with 3s batteries
    with the 2s mine can't turn around

    Inviato dal mio SM-A310F utilizzando Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzinten View Post
    I completely agree with this, i have seen several people have issues with the self righting damaging their truck, including me first time i used my self right my esc gave methe all red flashing lights of death straight outta the box 8( then the second time i attempted it after replacing my esc it blew a tire instantly so i gave up on it and if i cant self right it myself using the trigger ill go back to the old fashioned chase her down flip her over strategy ��
    One local guy here had the same issue with self righting. Too bad your tire blew..

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    38
    Full effect, not training, 6s and untaped tires are necessary for self righting. I have taped the tires and it doesn't work anymore.

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2
    Silly question from a Newb....Why did Traxxas make self righting a feature if it causes problems? Just got my Revo two weeks ago and just sent the ESC and motor back because I got the 'Critical Failure' light sequence. I was only 3 charges in.....Not happy

  8. #8
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurba View Post
    Full effect, not training, 6s and untaped tires are necessary for self righting. I have taped the tires and it doesn't work anymore.
    I run 2 of those batteries, and as you can see have strapped my tires with 65lb braided line to prevent pizza cutters however i am still able to manually self right quite frequently with good batteries and proper technique oh and on flat level surface of course. I still try to avoid doing this often as i find it to be rough on the drivetrain any sudden change in rotation like that has got to be!

    Sent from my SM-T827R4 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Texas, by God!
    Posts
    29
    If you have the Bluetooth module, you can restore self-righting. Change the E-Revo to another model, like a Slash 4x4. Then, power everything, including your phone down. Wait about 1 minute, then restart your phone, then once it's up, power up the E-Revo. Change the "Slash" back to the E-Revo, and it will download the correct firmware for the truck. Your self-righting should be back.

    Don't thank me, thank the guys at Traxxas that told me how to get it back.

  10. #10
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzinten View Post
    I run 2 of those batteries, and as you can see have strapped my tires with 65lb braided line to prevent pizza cutters however i am still able to manually self right quite frequently with good batteries and proper technique oh and on flat level surface of course. I still try to avoid doing this often as i find it to be rough on the drivetrain any sudden change in rotation like that has got to be!

    Sent from my SM-T827R4 using Tapatalk
    Cool!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •