RC poster

my revo 3.3 is not starting

So i have cleaned the carburetor and set it to factory settings. I have also cleaned the tank and fuel line before trying to start the car. it has been sitting for around 3 years. When i use my easy start the glow plug light is not coming on. I tested the glow plug by putting it against the engine and turning on the easy start It started to glow and it seems to be working. The yellow ground wire is attached and has good connections. Why is the glow plug light not on?

The blue glow wires plastic is chipped off in a small area but its not touching anything so it should work fine.

Also another question. What does the clutch shoe do and should it be an oval shape?

Is the engine turning over?

Do you have a glow ignitor? They are not expensive and save a bit of headache.

Shoes should look like this:
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I do not have a glow ignitor. And my shoe currently looks a bit like that. The spring is still attached in the middle but its a little deformed. The engine does turn over. Atleast i think it does. The flywheel spins when i use the Easy start. And can be manually be rotated but it requires a little force.

Im trying to get the engine to start but ive had no luck so far.

RC poster
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWK9RO21REY Here is a video of me trying to start my revo 3.3. I dont know if it helps but i hope it does

Doesn't sound like it is getting fuel. Primed?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I have primed the engine by putting my finger over the exhaust. I've noticed i cant flood the engine even if i tried to. And i saw that the fuel was not reaching the carb. Tried to fix it by removing the thing the fuel line connects into and cleaned it. I have the screw turned out 4 rotations from the bottom. Any way i can fix this? i tried to put a few drops of nitro into the carb and start it up but didn't work. I might have a pressure leak somewhere not sure

If your truck as been setting for three years, it may be
    gummed up from the tank to and including the carb.

RC poster
    You are right. It was not getting any fuel. I disconnected the pipe from the exhaust that goes into the top of the tank and i started blowing into it. I took away the air filter and saw how fuel was getting into the carb while trying to start it (with airfilter on) smoke started coming from the engine and i saw nitro flying out between the cooler and the engine. I i guess that seal is broken and there has been air drawn from there. Ill try to get a new gasket for that part or try to buy some seal paste.

RC poster
    Is there supposed to be a gasket there? I dont have one

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Doesn't sound like it is getting fuel. Primed?
    Fuel is leaking between engine and cooler. I only have a copper washer stuck to the cooler
    Last edited by Somethingrandom; 05-07-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somethingrandom View Post
    Is there supposed to be a gasket there? I dont have one
    Yes,and you probably should get a new one. If I were you I'd go over everything and
    replace things like tubing, gaskets, and service the one way bearing.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    Yes,and you probably should get a new one. If I were you I'd go over everything and
    replace things like tubing, gaskets, and service the one way bearing.
    Okay i will do that another day but the exciting news is i got the car to start for about 2 seconds. Then it died and my ez starter is now out of battery.

Here's the exploded view of the engine (don't worry about it saying Jato as the difference would be the header). Sounds like you'll need 5292. Don't use any gasket maker, the copper gasket is sufficient. Make sure the bolts are tightened in a star pattern - much like you'd tighten on your auto wheels.
    The Super Derecho