Thread: Help!

RC poster

Angry Help!

So I bought and built the trx4 kit i ran it like maybe 2 times and the esc smoked and melted apart. So I bought a new one and hooked it all up it worked for the first like hour I used it. Then it just shut off. I put it away and the next day plugged in a fresh battery and my transmitter lit turned on immediately which has never happened and my steering servo was buzzing like it had power to it so I go to turn on the esc and it flashed green and then red like 3 times and them shut off. That's all I can get out of it? Does anyone know what i should do or look into. I wanted to go brushless but I didnt want to buy a whole new set up and then have it burn out because something esle is wrong with the car?

RC poster
    The brushless or brushed that I know of dependes on how you use your rig. I stayed with brushed. Also call traxxas they replaced my esc and servo and now I them for back ups. Traxxas really takes care of their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laghardallday View Post
    So I bought and built the trx4 kit i ran it like maybe 2 times and the esc smoked and melted apart. So I bought a new one and hooked it all up it worked for the first like hour I used it. Then it just shut off. I put it away and the next day plugged in a fresh battery and my transmitter lit turned on immediately which has never happened and my steering servo was buzzing like it had power to it so I go to turn on the esc and it flashed green and then red like 3 times and them shut off. That's all I can get out of it? Does anyone know what i should do or look into. I wanted to go brushless but I didnt want to buy a whole new set up and then have it burn out because something esle is wrong with the car?
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laghardallday View Post
    First test is to eliminate a bad servo.
    Unplug the servos.
    test if it start normal... yes plug one servo in at a time until the issue happens again that's the bad servo.
    Did you recalibrate the tx to the esc
    Throttle reverse neutral? After changing esc.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    I tried unplugging all the servos and it still does it and I did calibrate it when i got it.

Something is not right.
    Same issue if you unplug motor?
    Next thing in the chain would be a rx issue.

Does the tx go solid green or is it flashing?
    Last edited by jamann; 05-08-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    So I have an erevo 2.0 with the same radio/transmitter and I unplugged everything from the transmitter and plugged the trx4 esc into it and it came on green like normal. So does that mean I just need a new transmitter/reciever?

Sounds like rx is bad.email traxxas
    See if they can help you out.
    When the esc went it may have damaged the rx.

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried