RC poster

Slash 4x4 upgrades

Got my first electric Slash 4x4. Been out of the hobby about 15yrs. All this is new Lipo brushless etc. Any upgrades I should do immediately and any thing I should look out for. Thanks for your help in advance.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    What do you plan on running for batteries. I’m recently back into it so I can tell you what I broke lol. Also what model?
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

Quote Originally Posted by jdorseyjr64 View Post
    Got my first electric Slash 4x4. Been out of the hobby about 15yrs. All this is new Lipo brushless etc. Any upgrades I should do immediately and any thing I should look out for. Thanks for your help in advance.

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

My first upgrade would be a lipo battery and charger. After that it would either be fans for the motor and esc or rear metal CV axles. She will be fine box stock
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    I am running Lipo 2s and I hav a esc fan.just bashing around now may race later some track in area oval and off road.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Tracks are oval onroad and dirt offroad is dirt no carpet nearby

RC Racer
    If you plan on racing tires will probably be a big upgrade. If it isnít an ultimate then aluminum caster blocks, steering knuckles, stub axle carriers and shock caps are a nice starting point. Not necessary but they seem to be common failure points. As el sob said, rear axles might also be something to keep in mind.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

RC poster
    Any particular brand with these parts or should I go with all traxxass? Want to do it riht the first time. What do you ink about the after market aluminum chassis is it reall worth it saw a vid on u tube.

RC poster
    Also thanks for all the help

RC Racer
    The Traxxas stuff seems as nice or nicer than any of the others. STRC also makes very nice aluminum parts. I have no clue on the chassis. Seems overkill to me.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

RC poster
    Getting a LCG chassis thi week. Going to do some stock tire shaving just to much grip on a grass track I set up in my yard flips easy unless rear breaks loose first

RC Enthusiast
    The LCG chassis is the biggest upgrade. You will notice an immediate difference. I just did this to my slash 4x4 and it can take corners at speed now. Huge upgrade. After that will be track tires.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdorseyjr64 View Post
    Tracks are oval onroad and dirt offroad is dirt no carpet nearby

That sounds like a lot of fun! Oval racing is a great time. Do you know the name of the track? Since I see you have a standard model of the Traxxas Slash 4x4 a better set of tires couldn't hurt. All of the parts everyone mentioned are great for your truck but on 2s, you can drive it box stock and still get lots of enjoyment from the truck.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    You may find this useful - most of the common upgrades here!

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ur-Traxxas-4X4!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    You may find this useful - most of the common upgrades here!

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ur-Traxxas-4X4!
    Your videos have been a huge help to me even before I saw your name on the forum. I haven't necessarily bought the same exact parts but the detailed installations work well for the majority of different manufacturers!
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan366 View Post
    Your videos have been a huge help to me even before I saw your name on the forum. I haven't necessarily bought the same exact parts but the detailed installations work well for the majority of different manufacturers!
    Thank you - glad they helped!

The Slash is a great truck - ended up selling the fully built vehicle though and got the X-Maxx instead - still kinda miss the Slash a little though!
    Now I have a TRX-4 on order.... lol

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Thank you - glad they helped!

The Slash is a great truck - ended up selling the fully built vehicle though and got the X-Maxx instead - still kinda miss the Slash a little though!
    Now I have a TRX-4 on order.... lol
    Possible upgrade series on that? If so i'm excited to see what you do with it.
    Last edited by GhostOfOnyx; 05-08-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh

RC poster
    The track is in easley sc at the hobby conection