RC Racer

I am building a Traxxas Slash /Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE 3.0 4WD SCT Hybrid track truck

I am building or maybe I should honestly say I am having this built to my spec.

This custom SCT is going to be a Traxxas Slash /Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE 3.0 4WD SCT Hybrid track truck.

I am using a Traxxas Remote, Traxxas TSM receiver, traxxas battery setup.
    Using the Losi kit for the chassis
    adding RPM front bumper

The chassis is the Losi TEN-SCTE 3.0

Running a Traxxas slash body, I have one of my Rob Mac RAM bodies all flex sealed and taped up ready for action on the new chassis when it is finished.

This is the motor we are using.
    Vortex VST 2 PRO 550 4P SC 4000Kv Outlaw

Here is the speed controller.
    Team Orion USA Vortex R8 ProX Extreme ESC

This is the Servo
    32-Bit Ultra Torque Titanium Gear Servo, D950TW

Now it was brought up yesterday this electronics combo might be a little to hot for a Traxxas Lipo 2S or 3S. I am wanting to continue to only use my Traxxas batteries and smart chargers on this truck .
    Anyone have any thoughts as rather this setup would be safe to run the Traxxas 2s and or 3s Traxxas Lipo Batteries on this truck.
    Last edited by cc1999; 05-08-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

Quote Originally Posted by cc1999 View Post
    I am building or maybe I should honestly say I am having this built to my spec.

This custom SCT is going to be a Traxxas Slash /Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE 3.0 4WD SCT Hybrid track truck.

I am using a Traxxas Remote, Traxxas TSM receiver, traxxas battery setup.
    Using the Losi kit for the chassis
    adding RPM front bumper

The chassis is the Losi TEN-SCTE 3.0

Running a Traxxas slash body, I have one of my Rob Mac RAM bodies all flex sealed and taped up ready for action on the new chassis when it is finished.

This is the motor we are using.
    Vortex VST 2 PRO 550 4P SC 4000Kv Outlaw

Here is the speed controller.
    Team Orion USA Vortex R8 ProX Extreme ESC

This is the Servo
    32-Bit Ultra Torque Titanium Gear Servo, D950TW

Now it was brought up yesterday this electronics combo might be a little to hot for a Traxxas Lipo 2S or 3S. I am wanting to continue to only use my Traxxas batteries and smart chargers on this truck .
    Anyone have any thoughts as rather this setup would be safe to run the Traxxas 2s and or 3s Traxxas Lipo Batteries on this truck.
    I still believe that is the best looking body that Traxxas ever made! It is extremely difficult to find one. If I had a brand new one it would never be used.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    I agree, that is without a doubt, my absolute favorite RC body.

I have several new unused Rob Mac Bodies and those I do plan to keep them as display use only .

I recently started fixing up some of the used ones I had bought. Those are the ones I am running on my track cars.

I touch up the paint, repair all cracks with mesh tape shoe goo an flex seal the crap out of them then tape them up in the critical areas and flex seal them again.
    Since these I am using I am attempting to do everything possible to make them last and so far it has been working.

Your slash hoard still amazes me every time I see it. How many are you up to? Amain says that motor is 120amps. So if you were running a 2s 5800mah battery that supplies 145amps. Should be good. It isn't specific in the ratings so it's hard to say what the max amp draw on the motor is, it isnt listed on the team Orion website.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 05-08-2019 at 07:54 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Your slash hoard still amazes me every time I see it. How many are you up to? Amain says that motor is 120amps. So if you were running a 2s 5800mah battery that supplies 145amps. Should be good. It isn't specific in the ratings so it's hard to say what the max amp draw on the motor is, it isnt listed on the team Orion website.

Thanks for the tech info that helps a lot. I was really wanting to stick with my Traxxas battery setup for sure.
    Sounds like I should be good to go on that front.

As far as the collection goes. I have slowed down quite a bit, ran out of room LOL, about all I look at now days is those rare Rob Mac cars and or bodies, along with the Red Mike Jenkins version of the RAM body also a very rare one, I am thinking possibly even more rare then the Rob Mac version.

I sort of lost count around 120, all RCs in total is probably somewhere around 140.

The majority are slash's .

Speaking of Rob Mac trucks, I did finally score a brand new complete Rob Mac truck still in the box .
    I also picked up another used complete Rob Mac truck last week.
    I am mainly harvesting the used Bodies for my track cars.
    The new ones are getting way to valuable to be used at this point.
    A complete used truck is bring about what a new body goes for now. The new complete trucks are upwards of twice what they cost new.

That's pretty sweet. You'll know within the first couple packs if they are up to the task, they'll puff pretty quick if they aren't. Technically speaking you should be good. I didn't research if that Orion ESC has data logging, if it does it will for sure record the amp draw from the motor. I know castles give a constant and a max reading.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    That's pretty sweet. You'll know within the first couple packs if they are up to the task, they'll puff pretty quick if they aren't. Technically speaking you should be good. I didn't research if that Orion ESC has data logging, if it does it will for sure record the amp draw from the motor. I know castles give a constant and a max reading.

Thanks.
    sounds good, I will stick with my original plan of setting it up to run on the Traxxas batteries.