Any other axle options running the proline protrac kit?

I am over the MIP front axles. I've tried running the STRC, and the XO-1 front c hubs and they always end up wearing out the MIP axles, at this point I've been through 2 new dogbones, and countless repair kits. I'm wondering if there is a way to run Tekno axles with proline kit or if I should switch back to plastic c hubs. I don't really run the truck alot, I'm probably going to sell it, but I don't want to sell someone a problem. I'd feel better about selling them something solid and reliable.

The hub wears the dog bone to this point. The friction usually messes up the cross pin, either breaks it, or causes it to walk out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 05-09-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Wow... Something is definitely wrong with yours. I've had MIP's on my ProTrac with stock aluminum carriers for for a while now with no problems.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Yep...something sure ain't right there and I don't think it's the axle. Mine clear the stock aluminum carriers fine.

Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I am over the MIP front axles. I've tried running the STRC, and the XO-1 front c hubs and they always end up wearing out the MIP axles, at this point I've been through 2 new dogbones, and countless repair kits. I'm wondering if there is a way to run Tekno axles with proline kit or if I should switch back to plastic c hubs. I don't really run the truck alot, I'm probably going to sell it, but I don't want to sell someone a problem. I'd feel better about selling them something solid and reliable.

The hub wears the dog bone to this point. The friction usually messes up the cross pin, either breaks it, or causes it to walk out.

I have never had that problem using the Slash 4x4 Ultimate aluminum parts. Maybe you should try those
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

I check to make sure everything is rolling smoothly when I reassemble, the only thing I can think of is maybe I crank down that barrel nut for the hot racing adapters too much. Still though when I first put these together last year everything seemed hunky dory. I'll get a set of the traxxas aluminum, and a set of plastic and see what works better. I fully trust the 3 of you, so I'll try something else. Kind of a bummer the XO-1 setup was no good for me. I did pull it all the way apart to make sure all parts were there, and properly assembled. Thanks for the help.

The MIP axles are 5mm.
    The STRC is 5mm
    The X0-1 is 6mm.
    The Tekno M6 is 6mm.

What combo of parts (specs or P/N) are you actually running?

Please be specific so that we can try and figure out what is going on with your system.

Thank you.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    The MIP axles are 5mm.
    The STRC is 5mm
    The X0-1 is 6mm.
    The Tekno M6 is 6mm.

What combo of parts (specs or P/N) are you actually running?

Please be specific so that we can try and figure out what is going on with your system.

Thank you.
    I am running the xo-1 hubs and castors with the 5mm bearings to accommodate the MIPs. This is the setup that shack recommended a few years ago.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I am running the xo-1 hubs and castors with the 5mm bearings to accommodate the MIPs. This is the setup that shack recommended a few years ago.

5mm is only the smaller outer bearing the end of the stub axle goes through. Yours seems like either the stub axle is sitting too deep into the inner larger bearing or the bone is sitting too deep into the hub carrier causing the contact between the hub carrier and what MIP calls the male bone(I think?).

The inner larger bearing is PN 5119 for both slash 4x4 and XO1 so that theoretically would eliminate the stub axle as the culprit. Assuming everything was assembled as expected, I wonder if that cross pin securing the stub axle to the male bone is bent thus allowing the bone to site too deep into the hub carrier?
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 05-10-2019 at 12:20 PM.