RC poster

Building a Rustler from scratch, need recommendations.

I have a new Rustler 4x4 chassis I acquired a while back, thinking of building it from scratch. Pretty much all I have is the chassis, just wondering what upgrades everyone would recommend over stock? I'll be using the rig for bashing.

Couple of questions I have:

1. Are the stock shocks + alu caps adequate for big air jumps?
    2. MIP or Tekno drive shafts?
    3. Stock arms or RPM arms?
    4. Motor + esc recommendations would be welcome as well, plus which size motors does the stock motor mount accommodate.

Thanks in advance.

ZK

Get most of the parts from the Slash 4x4 Ultimate (or Platinum) Edition.
    If pure bashing, get the MIP X-Duty CVDs and X0-1 F/R diffs.

What is your end goal... basher or racer? ESC and motor choices depend on your needs...

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    For bashing, if I am going to use everything from a slash, why not build a slash?

Would a slash be better for bashing?

ZK

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zerokalvin View Post
    I have a new Rustler 4x4 chassis I acquired a while back, thinking of building it from scratch. Pretty much all I have is the chassis, just wondering what upgrades everyone would recommend over stock? I'll be using the rig for bashing.

Couple of questions I have:

1. Are the stock shocks + alu caps adequate for big air jumps?
    2. MIP or Tekno drive shafts?
    3. Stock arms or RPM arms?
    4. Motor + esc recommendations would be welcome as well, plus which size motors does the stock motor mount accommodate.

Thanks in advance.

ZK
    Get Hpi Vorza shocks. Stock ones are not adequate. Tekno m6 axles in the rear, standard in the front. Standard a arms in the rear, rpm in the front. Some 4s capable hobbywing esc or something like that. The stock body needs slight upgrades. Motor... I do not know much. I love my motor from a redcat caldera sc 10e. It is the 3421 kv motor. It is just about as fast as the stock, and does not overheat on 3s with the 17t pinion. Speaking of overheating, I use the integy double fan and heatsink for cooling the motor. Hope this answers most of your questions...

P.S. You do not want the RPM arms in the rear, because the tekno m6 shafts are non telescopic so with the bendier rpm arms you will end up bending the tekno shafts.