Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evil-R build...

RC Qualifier
    Going out with the girl costs me close to a c note a night. Sure it saved you tons. And more enjoyment;

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Going out with the girl costs me close to a c note a night. Sure it saved you tons. And more enjoyment;

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Very true and considering my other hobbies watch collecting this games a bargain haha

Plus as I've stripped and sold from new so far I’m £400 back with another £100-£150 of bits to move so takes the dent out of a small proportion and was my stance given I knew I was going to do the work, doing it all now opposed to when stuff breaks.

RC Qualifier
    I love working on mine as well. I have a total of 6 truck to keep going lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflier x4.6 View Post
    I love working on mine as well. I have a total of 6 truck to keep going lol.

Nice!

I have this a BNIB XO-1 and picking up a name that shall not be mentioned here this week!

There is a kit planned but enjoying this build so much it can wait.

RC Qualifier
    Let me know how you like the xo-1. Because when I can talk my amazing wife into another rc I might go with that. I have a e revo2.0, 8s xmaxx, and 4 non Traxxas trucks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflier x4.6 View Post
    Let me know how you like the xo-1. Because when I can talk my amazing wife into another rc I might go with that. I have a e revo2.0, 8s xmaxx, and 4 non Traxxas trucks.

Havenít ran it yet! TBH I purchase it to strip and build a custom Slash E-Buggy but changed my mind and picked up a RTR buggy Iím working on.

Keeping it boxed up for now

RC Qualifier
    ESC fitted and wired all up, all I need to do now is fit the receiver and itís done...

Oh and waiting on a custom body.

RC Qualifier
    Easily the best E Revo Ive ever seen mate. Credit to you!

I still think you should stop messing about and buy an X-Maxx though!!

RC Qualifier
    Ok just let me know when itís done. Iíll give you My address and you give me yours and weíll swap e revoís and call it even lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Easily the best E Revo Ive ever seen mate. Credit to you!

I still think you should stop messing about and buy an X-Maxx though!!
    Thank you

Still to mount the R1 fans but want it up and running as is so I can monitor temps before I start fitting them.

X-Maxx yeah maybe one day!

Funnily enough my mate and I have now got access to a private our door track and we joked about getting a X-Maxx and fitting a wedge at the front to go around and flip the car back over to save us the work of shame haha

Actually dare I say Iíve gone to the darkside and have a Typhon with lots of carbon fibre in the works.

RC Enthusiast
    What are those straps at the back in the middle of the frame/chassis brace for?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cxray999 View Post
    What are those straps at the back in the middle of the frame/chassis brace for?
    Limiting straps, they limit the amount of extension the suspension has and prevents over extension issues.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
    Thank you

Still to mount the R1 fans but want it up and running as is so I can monitor temps before I start fitting them.

X-Maxx yeah maybe one day!

Funnily enough my mate and I have now got access to a private our door track and we joked about getting a X-Maxx and fitting a wedge at the front to go around and flip the car back over to save us the work of shame haha

Actually dare I say I’ve gone to the darkside and have a Typhon with lots of carbon fibre in the works.
    Trust me if you got an X Maxx you wouldnt be using it to flip cars back over, you’d sell the rest of your RCs and concentrate on the X!

RC Qualifier
    Itís alive......

Just to neaten up the wiring and put the Rx box cover on and we are done (until the fan mounts turn up)

RC Enthusiast
    Really looking forward to see your beast revo running!
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16

Do you have a part number and who makes them for these motor wire organizers? I know Axial makes something similar but I cannot track them down. Everything does look pretty slick. Can you change the color of the LEDs on the 7PX? It's blue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Do you have a part number and who makes them for these motor wire organizers? I know Axial makes something similar but I cannot track them down. Everything does look pretty slick. Can you change the color of the LEDs on the 7PX? It's blue.

Hmm they came from a US RC place called Darkside or something along them lines.. it wasnít Darkside Studio who keeps popping into my mind!

Alternatively if you can find somewhere with them in stock Schelle do some and they are listed as carbon caddy (#sch1280)

Be aware they do need to be filled/dremelled out to accept 10awg

As for blue I went with it on the controller but had to customise that..

RC Qualifier
    Found it, they are under carbon parts
    http://darksidedesigns.net/#

Found it, they are under carbon parts
    http://darksidedesigns.net/#
    Thank you

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Thank you

Also found some double wire holders
    https://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acc...cessories.html

RC Qualifier
    All done and running (just need longer screws for the fans to run the 10mm spacers.

But so far no over heating.

Had an initial issue and didnít calibrate the 7PX and MX properly so it went into reverse full throttle and did a reverse flip! Scraped bumper and fan shrouds (luckily I have spares)

School boy error lesson 1 learned haha

RC Qualifier
    Some more outside pics from its first shake down

Got a link for those fans and motor heat sink?

Don't try bashing with those terrain crushers on. Well, don't jump much. They tend to crack. I have a set under my workbench, one with a spun hex and 3 that are well cracked. I had them on my ERBEv1 for a while and they did not care for skate parks. I jump out of the park onto grass, so I wasn't even landing on concrete.

What gearing are you running with the mmx/2200kv system? Or is that a lower kv motor?
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Got a link for those fans and motor heat sink?

Don't try bashing with those terrain crushers on. Well, don't jump much. They tend to crack. I have a set under my workbench, one with a spun hex and 3 that are well cracked. I had them on my ERBEv1 for a while and they did not care for skate parks. I jump out of the park onto grass, so I wasn't even landing on concrete.

What gearing are you running with the mmx/2200kv system? Or is that a lower kv motor?
    Fan mount/heat sink is Yeah Racing, bypassed the YR fans for decent R1 Wurks ones as they move a huge amount of air for their size.

The Shockwaves are my default basher tyre, TC are great round a dirt/road track near me.

Stock gearing currently and yes 2200kv set up, getting two packs through (well 2 pairs) of 6S through and no overheat issues as yet, thatís around a local RC track (dirt) do plan to access gearing soon though.

RC Qualifier
    The shockwave tyres - are they heavier then stock?? How do they perform? Ballooning etc?

Would appreciate your thoughts.....
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    The shockwave tyres - are they heavier then stock?? How do they perform? Ballooning etc?

Would appreciate your thoughts.....
    Lighter, much lighter. Good tire. For a full set of 4 they are a pound lighter than stock Talon EXT. I did weigh them last year.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...1&share_type=t

Proline Badlands MX38

Last edited by nickruger; 08-15-2019 at 06:51 AM.

RC Qualifier
    ^ Nick beat me too it!

I don’t have figures like he has but out of all the options I look at the Shockwaves felt the lightest.

Really impressed with them if I’m honest.

Build is finished I’m just holding back for my custom body before posting anymore pics, next build is underway just sadly not one for here, but it has a lot of carbon fibre a smidge of HR bits and a nice CM TP powered off another MMX
    Last edited by SC11; 08-15-2019 at 02:32 PM.

RC Qualifier
    While dealing with an ESC issue I thought Iíd cheer myself up with a quick fit of the new body

Looks good man! Keep your spirits up brother...you will get it sorted soon!!

What are you using for tire wrap? I'm using some stout black kevlar braided string/rope for my ERBEv2 with one wrap and a much lighter gauge of yellow stuff wrapped 3 times in 2 channels on another. It looks like you threaded it through the rubber directly. Dremel/drill holes or just shove a needle through?

RC Racer
    Its like you read my mind with this build. Looks great!
    ---Greg---

RC Qualifier
    What are you using for tire wrap? I'm using some stout black kevlar braided string/rope for my ERBEv2 with one wrap and a much lighter gauge of yellow stuff wrapped 3 times in 2 channels on another. It looks like you threaded it through the rubber directly. Dremel/drill holes or just shove a needle through?
    This was originally black as well!

Firstly I just wrapped it around and knot/glued it but that method actually started to cut into the tyre so I redid it and CA glued between every thread and since then itís been holding up fine.

Dope build!
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.

What's that hunk of stuff wired into the ESC power wires? That a cap pack?

My MXL-6S just died on me... one of the caps puffed a little bit, now no power out to the motor or receiver that I can tell and the LED's don't light up. Wondering if I should have put a cap pack on it when I started running 6S...

I put an old HPI MMv1 that I conformal coated on it that I had. May make a cap pack for it to avoid having it happen again. I built one for the MMX/2200kv in my savage as my ripple voltage was pretty bad, close to 4V. Less than 1V with the cap pack. Can't see that on the MMv2 or v1 as they don't have logs.

RC Qualifier
    What's that hunk of stuff wired into the ESC power wires? That a cap pack?

My MXL-6S just died on me... one of the caps puffed a little bit, now no power out to the motor or receiver that I can tell and the LED's don't light up. Wondering if I should have put a cap pack on it when I started running 6S...

I put an old HPI MMv1 that I conformal coated on it that I had. May make a cap pack for it to avoid having it happen again. I built one for the MMX/2200kv in my savage as my ripple voltage was pretty bad, close to 4V. Less than 1V with the cap pack. Can't see that on the MMv2 or v1 as they don't have logs.
    Yes it’s a castle cap pack, there are bullets connectors either side as I made two harnesses for either Traxxas or XT90 battery connectors I did it this way so I can swap out connectors and even ESC’s with ease across my builds.

It’s advised to be able to check on caps hence why Castle give you clear insulation, but I know most don’t and then even Castle themselves cover the caps on their ESC as they are internal.
    Caps run pretty cool so I just wrapped mine in fabric harness tape which is easily removed to check should I ever need to.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by atoms View Post
    Dope build!
    thanks

Yes itís a castle cap pack, there are bullets connectors either side as I made two harnesses for either Traxxas or XT90 battery connectors I did it this way so I can swap out connectors and even ESCís with ease across my builds.

Itís advised to be able to check on caps hence why Castle give you clear insulation, but I know most donít and then even Castle themselves cover the caps on their ESC as they are internal.
    Caps run pretty cool so I just wrapped mine in fabric harness tape which is easily removed to check should I ever need to.
    That's how I noticed the bulged cap on the esc. I had to take the cover off to see it. Still not sure why it died on me as I had read many threads on many forums about how robust the MMv2 was supposed to be. Perhaps that was just on 4S use as I got nearly 3 years on 4S and only a couple weeks on 6S...

Doesn't bode well for the MMX I have in my savage flux hp on 6S...

RC Competitor
    Great build man, maybe someday...

RC Qualifier
    Still no updates on this, Iím typically getting 1-3 shut downs on a run (run is two packs)

Iíve just changed out all the connectors to XT90 and have some ******* **** tech 65c lipos to trial out this week.

RC Racer
    Awesome erevo build

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast