RC poster

Newly acquired E-Maxx Mamba Max

Hey yíall, not new to the RC seen by any means but am new to the brushless seen by every mean, which is why Iím posting here. I just picked up this monster yesterday for a cool 200 bucks. Sheís not in bad shape but could use some attention in a few areas that I noticed right off the bat. The main reason Iím posting is for some solid advice on a good set of lipoís alllg with a good solodbcharger for them. Iím also posting for any advice you guys have that may pertain to this particular model E-Maxx. Lastly Iíd like to find out exactly which model Maxx it is. The guy I bought it from said this motor/speed controller is NOT waterproof but Traxxas has some buy back exchange program or something? He also recommend I pay attention to the temperature of the motor while driving. He said he had 0 issues with over heating the system, just something I should pay attention too. Thank you in advance for any and all help!! Canít wait to rip this thing
    Iím going to add a few pictures later on today if I can figure out how.

RC Qualifier
    If itís the MMM 2200kv one that has the Castle Creations setup, itís one of the newer models if he bought it like that anyways. Hard to tell without some pics. I wouldnít get rid of that motor and ESC IMO, as they are a great combo. Just donít run in wet conditions and youíll be fine. The motor is sealed up pretty well, but the ESC wonít like getting wet. As for batteries, look into SMC. Well made and have a good reputation here on the forum. As for chargers, itís up to how much you are willing to pay. A dual battery charger is what I recommend. As which one to buy, again itís all on how much you are wanting to pay. As for the batteries, itís hard to beat SMC for the money. JMHO. Enjoy that thing as they are a fun truck to drive. Also get yourself a temp gun to monitor the temps. Run it on 2 x 2s batteries (4s total) and it should last you a long time. 6s ends with a lot of broken parts and most likely a lot of upgrading parts to handle the power. That is just my experience anyhow.

RC poster
    [IMG]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2-O-nJXyOV6MnUwQ2J2cGFUeVhNX0ZMejFyd2xEa1U2ZDFB
    Last edited by MustangModMotor; 05-12-2019 at 10:29 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    If it’s the MMM 2200kv one that has the Castle Creations setup, it’s one of the newer models if he bought it like that anyways. Hard to tell without some pics. I wouldn’t get rid of that motor and ESC IMO, as they are a great combo. Just don’t run in wet conditions and you’ll be fine. The motor is sealed up pretty well, but the ESC won’t like getting wet. As for batteries, look into SMC. Well made and have a good reputation here on the forum. As for chargers, it’s up to how much you are willing to pay. A dual battery charger is what I recommend. As which one to buy, again it’s all on how much you are wanting to pay. As for the batteries, it’s hard to beat SMC for the money. JMHO. Enjoy that thing as they are a fun truck to drive. Also get yourself a temp gun to monitor the temps. Run it on 2 x 2s batteries (4s total) and it should last you a long time. 6s ends with a lot of broken parts and most likely a lot of upgrading parts to handle the power. That is just my experience anyhow.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...Fyd2xEa1U2ZDFB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...JoNGh4Xy1HSHQw

i put up three pictures two in this post and one in the one above. i hope you can see them. i cannot seem to figure out how to just get them in picture form on the discussion. i tried using the IMG code too. i know this thing has temp sensors wired into the motor which i believe i can access through some traxxas link or telemetry type deal but a heat gun would be a nice quick way to get a temp reading. As for how much cash i want to spend on a battery/charger setup, I would not mind spending a bit more coin for better quality equipment being as this is a pretty good model E-Maxx. i'am assuming i'm going to spend at least 100 on a charger. A dual charger would be nice.

Hello and welcome to the forums!

For picture posting, I use PostImage. It works great! After you sign up and sign in there aren't any ads, (at least that I could see) Here is one picture using it:

The other one was a PDF, so I couldn't upload it without taking time to make it a jpg.
    I like free stuff!

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forums MustangModMotor!

These are your other two pictures:

Nice to see someone getting one of these trucks for a change.

If you are still having problems posting pictures, Private Message me and we will get it sorted if you want.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

Quote Originally Posted by MustangModMotor View Post
    Hey y’all, not new to the RC seen by any means but am new to the brushless seen by every mean, which is why I’m posting here. I just picked up this monster yesterday for a cool 200 bucks. She’s not in bad shape but could use some attention in a few areas that I noticed right off the bat. The main reason I’m posting is for some solid advice on a good set of lipo’s alllg with a good solodbcharger for them. I’m also posting for any advice you guys have that may pertain to this particular model E-Maxx. Lastly I’d like to find out exactly which model Maxx it is. The guy I bought it from said this motor/speed controller is NOT waterproof but Traxxas has some buy back exchange program or something? He also recommend I pay attention to the temperature of the motor while driving. He said he had 0 issues with over heating the system, just something I should pay attention too. Thank you in advance for any and all help!! Can’t wait to rip this thing
    I’m going to add a few pictures later on today if I can figure out how.
    It looks to be in pretty good shape. It looks stock too. That's a good thing. Look here in the forums for a lot of good tips on how to keep up on your maintenance, and what mods you might want to do. If you run it on 4s, you don't really have to mod much (if at all), but 6s there's a few mods you might want to do. Depending on where and how you drive will determine what mods you'll need.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-12-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Welcome to the forums MustangModMotor!

These are your other two pictures:

Nice to see someone getting one of these trucks for a change.

If you are still having problems posting pictures, Private Message me and we will get it sorted if you want.
    Thank you to both you and summit!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    It looks to be in pretty good shape. It looks stock too. That's a good thing. Look here in the forums for a lot of good tips on how to keep up on your maintenance, and what mods you might want to do. If you run it on 4s, you don't really have to mod much (if at all), but 6s there's a few mods you might want to do. Depending on where and how you drive will determine what mods you'll need.
    Right off the bat I’m thinking steel axles all the way around and aluminum bulkheads. Also a nice set of threaded aluminum shocks as a present to myself. Thank you for the advice!

RC Qualifier
    Right off the bat Iím thinking steel axles all the way around and aluminum bulkheads. Also a nice set of threaded aluminum shocks as a present to myself. Thank you for the advice!
    I would buy rpm bulkheads and shock tower instead of aluminium, I just love the rpm product for the e maxx

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    I would buy rpm bulkheads and shock tower instead of aluminium, I just love the rpm product for the e maxx
    Any particular reason why? I sort of like the look of aluminum parts

RC Qualifier
    Any particular reason why? I sort of like the look of aluminum parts
    Just what I like, the aluminium will not break but bend, and some have broken there chassis instead of the bulckheads. What arms are you going to use if standard arms, aluminium will be fine.

All about throtle control.

RC Enthusiast
    The RPM stuff has a lot of flex in the plastic material. I agree it won't break, but flex at bulkheads equals less stability around the diff cases. The plastic diff cases will swell and then stripped gears and blown/ destroyed bearings will surface fast.

If you go RPM bulks, then go with aluminum diff cases. Steel driveshafts all the way around including both centers from Traxxas will be perfect.

If you want super strong bulkheads, then you can go with these: FLM units:
    Front:
    http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...?prod=FLM17700
    Rear:
    http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...?prod=FLM18700

Just remember, going this route will force you to piece together and shim Ofna styled diffs inside of them. Then a few other minor mods...but they are super strong when done right. Mine have held up strong to 6S abuse with no issues.

Good luck.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk