Thread: Slash steering

RC Competitor

Slash steering

Have the 2WD version with not too many runs on it to wear out anything but the steering, where worked by hand, seems to be a tad sloppy but when driving its fine. Would the optional metal bell crank assembly tighten this up? Thanks.

Mike

If it's fine driving, why fix what's not broken? It's more than likely the slop is in the servo saver, not necessarily the servo arm.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    I would rather just upgrade to a new model that handles better from stock. more power and better handling to boot.

RC Competitor
    I notice a lot of play in the rod ends on mine, and Iím using the Revo ends I believe is what they are. When I change them out everything seems nice and tight but after a few runs back to loose. Finding better rod ends has been on my list of things to do for a while but since it doesnít seem to hurt performance that much it keeps getting pushed off. Iíd check those along with the servo saver for play.
    Last edited by Jimmyrigs; 06-01-2019 at 11:54 PM.

RC poster
    You have to hold each part of the system and wiggle to identify what is actually loose (hold on either side of a connection and piddle with it.). Most of my stock slop was in the steering bellcrank. I got the Traxxas alum. ball bearing one and it took a lot out. You will never remove it all. Most of what I have left is in the axle bearings .... which aren't ever going to be any tighter than they are to begin with. I laugh at people that talk about 1 deg. here and 1 deg. there. ... like .... nothing is tight enough to give you any more than +/- 2 to 3 degs. So to adjust toe-in or out, the best you can do is push the wheels backwards for your adjustment and figure they flop to the inside by several degrees during whatever turning you do.