Thread: New trx 4 sport

RC Competitor

New trx 4 sport

Hey all i just got a red trx4 sport. I have not really done any crawling and this is a brand new platform (solid axle crawlers) what would a good resource be for beginner stuff. shock set up etc. thanks all. so far mine is box stock.

You are pretty much in it... There are a number of videos on line for it as well.

Recommend giving the manuals a good reading through, there is a lot of good information in there.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

I recommend running it for a few hours on different areas and surfaces before modifications.

RC Competitor
    jet yeah that is the plan, i was more talking about shock preload or shock mount positions. simple free things like that. so far i like the truck, it isnt quite what i expected, but it is fun. my other trail truck is a telluride and its fun to compare and contrast the two.
    thanks for the answers.

RC Qualifier
    Since the truck came with pretty well tuned spring rates, without changing the components such as long travel kits, there isn’t much to be gained from adding preload spacers, in fact that will make tipping the truck easier when you go over something off camber by preventing the truck from leveling itself into the embankment.

Crawling is very dependent on driver’s skill and understanding of the obstacles. Look up videos from RcSparks studio or someone similar to see what you can do with a bone stock trx4 sport.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 05-14-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    I recommend running it for a few hours on different areas and surfaces before modifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Crawling is very dependent on driver’s skill and understanding of the obstacles. Look up videos from RcSparks studio or someone similar to see what you can do with a bone stock trx4 sport.
    You give two different people 10 different TRX4s, come back in a week and they will all be set up differently. Run it box stock, get a few packs through it, figure out what you want to improve, and if you can't figure out how to do it, post up a question, we'll help you out.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    put marine grease in portals and diff helps