RC Competitor

TRX-4 Traxx Thoughts

Dead thread huh?,Anyway owners of the new trx4 traxx.

Do you like them.

Did they live up to the hype.

Are they worth the price.

Do you recommend them.

What are your general thoughts about them.

Onyx
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh

RC poster
    I am in England and to be honest yes I have purchased a TRX4 in ARTR (RED) the Defender version.
    I went ahead and got some *upgrades* and there we have a tale of woe
    I got the FULL lighting kit for the Defender and what a let-down that is.. absolutely pants! IMHO for the 80.00 it cost I could have made a system that was better for half that!
    Then I went and got the telemetry expander (Mmmm) OK another wad of money and while I can now see temp's and battery state the speed (which is what I really wanted) is only available if you have the GPS module (another wad of cash)
    500. GBP and "Blacked out windows!"
    I changed out the axles to metal because of the LOOK the stock look plastic ! and even with the diff cover they still look cheap !
    swapped out the steering servo to a stronger one? you would have thought that the builders would have put a good one in rather than one which is only just enough to turn when on level ground and has no chance when against obstacles.
    I may sound like I am not pleased with the model though in truth I am. I would have been ecstatic is it was to have lived up to the hype.
    I just spent best part of all day ripping out the old lighting and fitting another, had to modify the original light panels to take LED's and now I HAVE GOT a Defender that has rear light front lights and direction indicators which MIMIC the real thing and switchable (yes switchable) rock lights and light bar.
    When I changed out the axles I also went for metal prop shafts and brass hub additions, all adds a little to the unsprung weight even if I will not be entering into any competitions I like the way it now squats down on its tyres and huggs the ground better than when in stock version.
    I have purchased an interior though on first attempt it doesn't fit? (no big surprise there) So before I cut out the window areas and fit clear lexan I will try to fettle it into the limited space left.
    So to really answer your questions.
    1 Yes I like my Defender
    2 In a way yes but that is for performance only, as for the rest they are on par with other makes
    3 In the UK NO!
    4 Would recommend them to serious rockies but you have to get the extras
    5 See the drivel at the top lol

My first Traxxas to join the Tamiya's and the HPI
    Will I get another? Not a TRX4 but maybe a slash type!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofonyx View Post
    dead thread huh?,anyway owners of the new trx4 traxx.

Do you like them.

Did they live up to the hype.

Are they worth the price.

Do you recommend them.

What are your general thoughts about them.

Onyx
    good afternoon, they were at the height and 'of course that i like and i recommend it with the closed eyes and do not talk about the price because it is an excellent investment, greetings are the maximum.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRIANA DELGADO View Post
    good afternoon, they were at the height and 'of course that i like and i recommend it with the closed eyes and do not talk about the price because it is an excellent investment, greetings are the maximum.
    You sir get the best reply award
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh