RC Competitor

Just ordered a new motor and ESC and would like to get some opinions on it

So I just let the smoke out of my Titan motor the other day and I'm on a budget so I couldn't get the velineon or a castle. I heard that hobbywing made a decent brushless system so I ordered the WP-10BL50 3500KV Brushless motor and ESC combo. I plan on running it on 2s for the time being. Thoughts on this set up? And will I notice a difference in speed and torque compared to the Titan? Thanks for your feedback in advance.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Racer
    Following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    You will notice a big difference in both speed and torque. Hobbywing makes a great product. You will be happy with its performance.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Awesome thanks 👍. I was a little skeptical about getting it because it was only $60 for the complete set up brand new. One selling point that kind of helped with the decision was that it comes with a Traxxas connector. I also just swapped out all of the stock screws with the complete set of Tony's screws. (Don't know how I did it but I was missing a couple lol)
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Qualifier
    Cant wait to see that post that comes after the first test.
    You will likely be blown away with the difference. It should run very reliably for you on 2s.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the input everyone! I should be getting the new one Friday so I will post an update sometime early next week. Hearing all of the positive feedback has put my anxiety at ease a little bit. Keep following this thread for future updates and thoughts on my new stuff. Oh and by the way, I am running it on proline street fighters with chrome revolver wheels on an lcg with mostly aluminum strc parts. Wondering if I should change my driveshafts to something stronger than stock.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior3815 View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone! I should be getting the new one Friday so I will post an update sometime early next week. Hearing all of the positive feedback has put my anxiety at ease a little bit. Keep following this thread for future updates and thoughts on my new stuff. Oh and by the way, I am running it on proline street fighters with chrome revolver wheels on an lcg with mostly aluminum strc parts. Wondering if I should change my driveshafts to something stronger than stock.
    No, don't upgrade your drive shafts. They'll be fine. Just make sure you set your slipper clutch appropriately and you really shouldn't have to worry about the drive shafts on 2s. If you do happen to break one, upgrade to slash 4x4 shafts. They're a little thicker, and relatively inexpensive.

I have a 3900 KV motor in my truck. I got the truck 3 years ago and immediately upgraded to the brushless motor. I still have the original shafts on my truck.

RC Competitor
    Ok. Good to know. Thanks for the heads up helping me save a little scratch. I think I'm going to try and post some pictures after I get my new stuff. Just finished painting my new body in preparation for the new motor. Nothing fancy but it's my style
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Racer

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142741753386

Is this the motor and that you’re speaking of?
    Can I bind this with my stampede’s Traxxas controller, until I can afford another one?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142741753386

Is this the motor and that you’re speaking of?
    Can I bind this with my stampede’s Traxxas controller, until I can afford another one?

You shouldn't have to bind it. Just plug the ESC into the receiver where the old one was and you should be good to go.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Racer

You shouldn't have to bind it. Just plug the ESC into the receiver where the old one was and you should be good to go.
    This is for my new Slash Roller I built from the chassis up, so I haven’t put a receiver in yet. I have a Stampede 4x4 VXL. I was going to get a receiver box and and use one controller until I save for another.

RC Competitor
    I don't think it really makes a difference. As long as your receiver and transmitter are bound together you should be able to just plug the ESC in and connect your motor and have a blast. I have never heard of an ESC having to be bound. The build is looking good so far though 👍. Would like to see some pics when it's completed. What body are you thinking about using?
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Racer
    I don't think it really makes a difference. As long as your receiver and transmitter are bound together you should be able to just plug the ESC in and connect your motor and have a blast. I have never heard of an ESC having to be bound. The build is looking good so far though . Would like to see some pics when it's completed. What body are you thinking about using?
    Yes i should say the right words. I wanted to use my Stampede Transmitter, and the Slash would have a new receiver, ESC, and motor.
    I have a Proline 81 Bronco Body. Hopefully have it done in a month

RC Competitor
    Nice! Not sure if you can bind the pede transmitter with the new receiver. You may want to start a new thread asking that question. I think it depends on wether or not the transmitter is more than 1 channel. Any ideas on a paint scheme for the bronco yet?
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Racer
    Nice! Not sure if you can bind the pede transmitter with the new receiver. You may want to start a new thread asking that question. I think it depends on wether or not the transmitter is more than 1 channel. Any ideas on a paint scheme for the bronco yet?
    I think I would just have to rebind every time I switched trucks. Its 50$ for a new controller and receiver on eBay, taken off an ew truck. I may just do that. I’m really happy with the Traxxas controller. Ignorance is bliss. I was recommended a good Spektrum transmitter for another $50. We shall see..
    I am going with a metallic dark green on Dark grey. Top will probably be black. I named it “OJ’s Revenge” lol

RC Competitor
    That sounds about right. Sounds like a pain in the neck having to bind it every time you switch trucks. I'm thinking about making the switch to either a spectrum or a futaba. Good call on the color scheme and name of the bronco. I'm ordering a Dodge RAM for my sla2h. Going to do the paint in a satin grey with Duke's of hazard decals but instead of the general Lee it's going to be the Stonewall.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Racer
    That sounds about right. Sounds like a pain in the neck having to bind it every time you switch trucks. I'm thinking about making the switch to either a spectrum or a futaba. Good call on the color scheme and name of the bronco. I'm ordering a Dodge RAM for my sla2h. Going to do the paint in a satin grey with Duke's of hazard decals but instead of the general Lee it's going to be the Stonewall.
    That sounds Awesome! I’m wanting to do a nice matte color. I Have 2 of the 81 Bronco bodies. I may do both!

Please keep your posts family-friendly. ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-23-2019 at 10:29 PM.

RC Competitor
    Nice! Keep me posted on your progress. I would like to see it when it's done.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Competitor
    You don't have to rebind. The transmitter is what sets the signal so both recievers will be linked to the same signal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I wish I had thought of this before I bought 3 wireless modules for all 3 of my trucks, should only need 1. I just went downstairs and got the revo bound to the rustler controller, but the slash ultimate didn't like the idea for some reason. Thankfully the original Tx still works with it so no big deal yet.

RC Racer

Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    No, don't upgrade your drive shafts. They'll be fine. Just make sure you set your slipper clutch appropriately and you really shouldn't have to worry about the drive shafts on 2s. If you do happen to break one, upgrade to slash 4x4 shafts. They're a little thicker, and relatively inexpensive.

I have a 3900 KV motor in my truck. I got the truck 3 years ago and immediately upgraded to the brushless motor. I still have the original shafts on my truck.

Would you recommend the 3900KV for my 2wd Slash build? I’m Looking at the motor combo he bought or the 3900v. I have 7400mah 2s batteries my brother bought by mistake. I would like to get a lighter/lower run time combo with a 5200-5400mah batteries, but will look at 3s eventually.

RC Competitor
    I finally got my new motor and ESC and ran it for the first time yesterday and I have to say, I'm quite impressed with it on my 7600 mAh 2s lipo. Plenty of power and run time is pretty close to what I was getting with my Titan. And I got the 3500 hobby wing combo.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Racer
    I finally got my new motor and ESC and ran it for the first time yesterday and I have to say, I'm quite impressed with it on my 7600 mAh 2s lipo. Plenty of power and run time is pretty close to what I was getting with my Titan. And I got the 3500 hobby wing combo.
    Nice! I have the Velenion brushless in my Stampede. I just want it to be at least quicker, but not so I can’t keep the nose down

RC Racer

Pickets for my Stampede came in. They’re even smaller than stock. I double checked the stock #DTXC3550, and they’re right .

RC Racer
    I posted on the wrong thread. Sorry my friend!

RC Competitor
    My bashing buddies run hobby wing ez run series. I would recommend you get the hobby wing max10sct combo. if u haven't got the motor and esc yet