RC poster

Good cheap 1/16 e revo battery

Got a used 1/16 e revo needing couple batteries any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    So far I like my smc 2500mha 40c it's a very tight fit but works. Only done 2 runs with it so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, SMC batteries are great! They are a tight fit, but luckily they are short enough that I can get my finger in there and pry it out. They give me around 20min of runtime for each of the two 2s I have. They have a 2s 2500mAh, and a 3s 1500mAh.

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...ry&path=67_168
    I like free stuff!

RC Enthusiast
    Another strong vote for SMC. I have the Titan 550 brushed MERV and run two SMC 2500mah 2s LiPos in parallel, and no exaggeration, it lasts 45min-60min every. single. time. Great batteries, great price!
    About the fit -- yes, it's tight, but I recommend Dremel-ing out a part of the wire-hole in the battery door to help fit 12-gauge wires anyway. After a couple of times putting them in, it's easy
    Stampede XL-1
    Stampede VXL
    1/16 Revo Titan 550

RC Enthusiast
    Venom 1600mah, 7.2v for around 20 min run time full throttle, 45 slow. its nimh

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampedevxl View Post
    Another strong vote for SMC. I have the Titan 550 brushed MERV and run two SMC 2500mah 2s LiPos in parallel, and no exaggeration, it lasts 45min-60min every. single. time. Great batteries, great price!
    About the fit -- yes, it's tight, but I recommend Dremel-ing out a part of the wire-hole in the battery door to help fit 12-gauge wires anyway. After a couple of times putting them in, it's easy
    I'd be carful putting lipos in parallel. You may get a cell go below lvc and not get it caught and have issues charging it . The parallel set up is ment for nmhi batteries. The lvc won't be able to tell if one pack is below lvc while other cell / battery higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I'd be carful putting lipos in parallel. You may get a cell go below lvc and not get it caught and have issues charging it . The parallel set up is ment for nmhi batteries. The lvc won't be able to tell if one pack is below lvc while other cell / battery higher.

Cells in parallel balance. Itís part of the definition. There will be no problem with the LVD due to two packs in parallel.

Why one would elect to carry around unnecessary weight in this small vehicle - thatís the part with which I donít agree.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC Qualifier
    Iíve ran parallel lipos many times in my mini Erevo and never had an issue with one battery discharging before another. Not enough amp draw to worry about that. That is just my experience.

Good cheap 1/16 e revo battery

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Iíve ran parallel lipos many times in my mini Erevo and never had an issue with one battery discharging before another. Not enough amp draw to worry about that. That is just my experience.
    Cells/packs in PARALLEL balance by the nature of the connection.
    Cells/packs in SERIES do not.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į