RC poster

Drag slash questions

I have looked through the post and I am sorry if I am asking something that has been answered already. I am looking to build a quick drag car, I am not going for any records or anything. I have an original version on the slash 2wd, and looking at all the bandit parts needed, would I be better off just getting a bandit and starting all over? looks like it would be much cheaper to get a bandit roller and build it up. I have a brand new velineon system to put in the truck. Thanks for any tips or advice you guys have for me. This forum has always been very helpful and is full of very smart and friendly people, Thanks guys

RC Racer
    Have you looked at the JConcepts drag build? https://www.jconcepts.net/garage/pro...inator-concept

RC poster
    yes and I love it. When pricing up the parts though it seems cheaper to start with a bandit and build it up. The only thing from my slash I am keeping is the tranny and the steering. I am not trying to be cheap, just trying to save a little where I can so I am able to get this build done a little faster. I saw that the proline octane body allows for stock slash arms to be used. So I am looking into that set up more today. Still trying to figure out what tires I want to run.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    yes and I love it. When pricing up the parts though it seems cheaper to start with a bandit and build it up. The only thing from my slash I am keeping is the tranny and the steering. I am not trying to be cheap, just trying to save a little where I can so I am able to get this build done a little faster. I saw that the proline octane body allows for stock slash arms to be used. So I am looking into that set up more today. Still trying to figure out what tires I want to run.
    Another idea would take a Bandit and put all the parts on a Slash LCG conversion chassis. I went with the Slash and changed everything over to Bandit parts, seemed kinda expensive. I've got it under a Henry J body.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I would go with the Slash chassis because of all the drag bodies for the Slash's wheelbase.

RC Competitor
    Toxic...since you already have a Slash and trying to stay on a budget I suggest this.
    Just get Bandit rear arms, Bandit rear links, cut to fit your Slash axles, and you're almost done. I like a wider front hence leave the Slash front arms. The Bandit conversion would need either a Bandit extension or a Slash chassis and body mounts. Both options you're buying 2 things but the Bandit conversion you're buy a new kit. The advantage of buying a new kit is new parts, especially the transmission. I say almost done because depending on how you want to set it up and of course you may want a new body and different tires.

RC poster
    I am getting new wheels and tires. I think I will go with the new proline wheels and tires. Not sure on the body just yet. If I can run stock slash arms up front that will be cool. I have several of those laying around. Hobby store visit tomorrow after work and hopefully Ill have an almost roller. Thanks for the advice

RC Qualifier
    I bought the Jconcepts wheels and tires before Pro-line came out with theirs. I like them but wish they had were offered in chrome.

RC poster
    I like the Jconcepts Wheels better. Silver and chrome options would be nice, but the black looks good. I am probably going to go with a Jconcepts body. Just gotta figure out which one I like best. Since the local hobby store does not stock Jconcepts parts they all have to be ordered online. Its so much easier to pick out parts when I can hold one next to the other.

Traxxas just uploaded this to YouTube:

The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Thx for that, guess who wants to grab a slash vxl 2wd when he goes to the LHS for parts today.

RC poster
    I have looked through the post and I am sorry if I am asking something that has been answered already. I am looking to build a quick drag car, I am not going for any records or anything. I have an original version on the slash 2wd, and looking at all the bandit parts needed, would I be better off just getting a bandit and starting all over? looks like it would be much cheaper to get a bandit roller and build it up. I have a brand new velineon system to put in the truck. Thanks for any tips or advice you guys have for me. This forum has always been very helpful and is full of very smart and friendly people, Thanks guys
    I bought a Vxl bandit roller and swapped in the lcg chassis, it was far easier because then you’re only transferring over suspension aassembly’s and shortening the shocks etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcsr74 View Post
    I bought a Vxl bandit roller and swapped in the lcg chassis, it was far easier because then you’re only transferring over suspension aassembly’s and shortening the shocks etc.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Traxxas just uploaded this to YouTube:

I wonder why they used the Jato arms instead of Bandits? Seems like a lot more work bit I don't know what the Jato arms would end up in width.

RC Racer
    I bought a Vxl bandit roller ...
    where do you buy these roller kits from?

RC poster

The Bandit Roller is the cheapest and most efficient way to go, the vxl roller was a little over $100. I bought it on eBay, but it was technically from a local hobby shop.

That said; I was told by the shop owner that Traxxas has been cracking down on him selling online.

RC Racer
    thx, I haven't used ebay in ages but it sounds like it might be time to start again for this new hobby. A build from the ground up like that should make for a nice indoor project this winter when the weather gets bad.

RC poster
    ordered my wheels and tires today, Finishing my shocks and axle tonight. I should be able to start making some test passes by the end of next week. This forum has been super helpful. Its much appreciated.

RC poster
    ordered my wheels and tires today, Finishing my shocks and axle tonight. I should be able to start making some test passes by the end of next week. This forum has been super helpful. Its much appreciated.
    Get the locker, makes a big difference in straight line launching.

RC Racer
    what exactly is that? part number and mfg?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    It’s a HOT Racing Locker/Spool

Depending where you get it, it may have a different part number.

But the Hot Racing Part Number is : TE125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    It basically locks both output shafts that go to the wheels so they spin at the exact same speed. Since the car is designed to go straight only...you really don’t need a differential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    edit: i only saw the last post, not the fist. thx

that oughta help the crazy left torque steer in my rustler vxl on road.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 05-18-2019 at 10:55 PM.

RC poster
    edit: i only saw the last post, not the fist. thx

that oughta help the crazy left torque steer in my rustler vxl on road.
    I wouldn’t use it for on road unless going straight only, you’ll be constantly be dealing with oversteer/drift issues.

RC Racer
    ok, thx. yeah I know a solid/locked rear axle is generally bad for pavement. I was only thinking about doing that if I decided to build a dedicate drag car and that would likely be a slash/bandit setup like I see most guys do. I learned the hard way last night that this rustler is way too tall for hi speed runs. It was bringing up the front when it got up to top speed on 3s with the stock gearing if I didn't put the wheelie bar all the way down.