Thread: Cheap 120a esc

RC Racer

Cheap 120a esc

What are some cheap 120a esc options? I'm considering the hobbywing sc8 but I'm not sure. I've bad some bad experiences with hobbywing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you can find an SC8, get one. Iíve had great luck with it, but they have since been discontinued. Your other options are a dynamite 130a or a BLX 120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebay still has WP SC8s listed. Many are from China or Hong Kong but I saw one from Los Angeles. I've had zero issues with mine running a few different motors on 3s and 4s. For a few bucks more you can get a 120a Max 10 also. Not sure what your idea of cheap is.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-12...-esc-2-6s.html

Not sure if it's waterproof, but it is cheap. I think someone just got the 150 amp version a few weeks ago and was pretty happy with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I've had really good luck with Hobbywing over the last 5 years. Here's my new go to ESC.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...saAmA5EALw_wcB

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

get the WP-SC8 ... i have one, its great other then the first one i had fried itself on its very first run - took about 2 months to get my warranty return from Hobbywing, but they eventually sent it (China after all) - no problems since then other then the switch is prone to shorting out which can turn your car off mid speed run and your car will carreen into a wall (thats my experience) but i just jumped the wires so when you hook the battery up the ESC turns on, to turn it off, disconnect the battery but other then that its been pretty awesome - 4s is crazy
    Slash Ultimate Modified & Summit - Lipos ALWAYS!