So much for an upgrade

One wreck, and this is the rpm rear bumper support. 3 years ago when I got into this hobby it was yeah get rpm, now it seems to be the other way. Putting the stock one back on. See how it does.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I've crashed RPM parts pretty bad, hope this was just a bad batch and thier quality isnt declining.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was kind of suprised. I put the stock one back on, took her back out, replicated the same wreck a couple times, even had 2 worse ones and everything is solid. I'll shoot them an email. Probably just a stinker.

Oh boy, today is becoming an exspensive day. Just found this getting it ready for a bath.

Last edited by Double G; 05-19-2019 at 07:16 PM. Reason: merge

Instead of one or the other I use both. I didn't really do it for strength, but it has to be stronger than using just stock or RPM. I did it for my wheelie wheels. When the Xmaxx first came out it didn't have any, so I made my own.

Later (when Traxxas made wheelie wheels available) I found that I liked mine better, because I can adjust the angle to what I want. Anyway, I started with aluminum, and went to the plastic RPM brace when it came out. It's very strong, and I've had zero problems with it.

The "U" channel is used to keep the rear of my Xmaxx body from cracking around the screws, but it adds strength also.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-20-2019 at 03:46 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    But don't you have an upgraded motor in your X-Maxx? More power = more breaking. I used the same supports on both of my 8S X-Maxx trucks without any issues so far.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Yes I do, so if having a double support works for me it should also work for Nickruger...or anyone else for that matter.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.