RC poster

Problems with the carburetor slide . some real solution?

hi all!
    I have read about the carburetor slide problem. I turn a few degrees to one side and another and I also move the cam of the carburetor but after a while the problem returns and the carburetor does not open at all or sometimes it does not even open halfway. It's funny but when the problem is stopped Is it more noticeable than when the engine is on that the problem disappears? !! Is there a kit currently that solves the disastrous linkcage throttle of slayer? thanks.
    sergi

Have you replaced the bushings in the bellcrank with bearings?
    Also, you want the screw to hold the bellcrank snug, not wrenched down so that it restricts movement.

Use this for reference of how to position the carb:
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...carb_setup.pdf

Then you'll need to adjust the throttle arm on the end of the barrel to allow the carb to open it fully.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Have you replaced the bushings in the bellcrank with bearings?
    Also, you want the screw to hold the bellcrank snug, not wrenched down so that it restricts movement.
    many thanks double G for the pdf!!
    mmm I do not know what bellcrank bushings bearings you mean, lol
    those bearings are mounted in some throttle linkcage part?
    thanks!
    sergi
    Last edited by sergipaps; 05-20-2019 at 04:13 AM.

The bellcrank is what the linkage from the servo is attached to which changes the front/rear motion to left/right motion and slides the carb in and out.

Take a look at the exploded views and you'll see there are bushings in there with a part number for optional bearings.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    The bellcrank is what the linkage from the servo is attached to which changes the front/rear motion to left/right motion and slides the carb in and out.

Take a look at the exploded views and you'll see there are bushings in there with a part number for optional bearings.
    thank you very much double g now I know what piece you tell me hehe. I have take a looked at the exploded view, the reference is 5114.
    thankssss
    sergi.