RC Enthusiast

Question 1/16 Mini E revo VXL, Reason for wing?

Out of curiosity, is the wing on the merv actually effective? It does look cool, but besides from looks why is it there?

I know given the right amount of speed the wing actually produces downforce, but how does that benefit the merv?

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoggor View Post
    Out of curiosity, is the wing on the merv actually effective? It does look cool, but besides from looks why is it there?

I know given the right amount of speed the wing actually produces downforce, but how does that benefit the merv?
    Yes, the down force at speed is effective. I tried mine without the wing reaching for that elusive 50mph speed, and the rear end was all over the place without it. Think of it like a true-track for the E-Maxx; it eliminates rear bump steer, and if you hit the slightest pebble in the road going really fast with the Merv and no wing......... well, I can tell you it didn't end well for my Merv as it cartwheeled into the bushes.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

It is for looks and an anti-flip device kinda like a wheelie bar. For speed runs it is still best left on for stability not down force.