Thread: On road tire?

RC Racer

On road tire?

Need help choosing a good on road tire?
    Right now running Pro-Line 1170-00 Trencher 2.8 17mm hex and E revo 2200kv motor MM2 ESC.
    Not looking to do speed runs right now, but more for track use.
    Have been looking at XO-1 wheels, JConcepts G-LocsTire TRA 2.8 Wheel JCO3056-00,Pro-Line 1/10 Road Rage 2.8", then there are a bunch of cheap tires on E-Bay like GRP.
    Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Grp are actually really good. They are the stickiest of any tire I have run. They are highly regarded for speed runs and gt8

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I second jimbo74 the GRP are great for on road traction but are only on the cheap side because they do wear pretty fast.

My favorite on road tire is the Duratrax Bandito's! I have taken them to 80+ mph and they the speed extremely well
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    I like these for parking lot racing. They’re 4s ready without any ballooning and provide a lot a grip.
    Louise RC 1/8 GT Tarmac (Belted) 2pcs #L-T3285VB https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362353207651

RC Racer
    Ok, looking at GRP's they have 7 different compounds. Maybe a S4 or S5.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Ok, looking at GRP's they have 7 different compounds. Maybe a S4 or S5.
    I have a few sets of revo in S7 and while they slip and slide when cold like a zamboni piloted by a Ranger's fan after a few rounds, once they warm up they still grip pretty well on city street surfaces, and better for screwing around than S1s that wear out very quick on anything other than prepped surfaces and get chewed up pretty easily.

but oh my do the S1s grip. My Rustler 4x4 on 4s running a 2200 kv motor from the E Revo running 50/25 pulls wheelies all day long even on dusty and poorly maintained road in front of my house.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 04-15-2019 at 12:49 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I have heard from other drivers that the Duratrax Banditos are good. There are two different compounds.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MD6 View Post
    I have heard from other drivers that the Duratrax Banditos are good. There are two different compounds.
    I just got a set of these in 2.8 (not sure which compound) and am liking them so far but had one let go when I tried a new skate park that had some sort of slick coating on the cement. I also have a set of 2.8 pro-line road rage that I love and a set of 2.2/3.0 pro-line street fighters that I am not really a fan of yet. Next on the list to try are some belted grp or louise wheels and the 17mm hex adapters to try them on my rustler vxl. I want to give them a try on my e-revo as well of course.

RC Racer
    Just got a set GRP" T02 SLICK " S4 compound. They're a med/soft compound. They're ok, but I feel the Slash needs wider rubber. It was to slide a lot.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Just got a set GRP" T02 SLICK " S4 compound. They're a med/soft compound. They're ok, but I feel the Slash needs wider rubber. It was to slide a lot.
    My slash 4x4 ultimate hated the skinny 2.2/3.0 pro-line street fighters and my rustler 2wd vxl doesn't care for them either. I am fairly sure those tires and my driving style helped trash the front dif on it. The Slash was a blast with the larger 2.8 road rage tires/wheels. The compound on the road rage has a bit more slip. The street fighters are so grippy that my rustler would tumble like a top if I tried any sort of slightly aggressive turning at speeds over 10 mph.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    My favorite on road tire is the Duratrax Bandito's! I have taken them to 80+ mph and they the speed extremely well
    Another vote for Bandito's!

But make sure if you do run these that it's warm/hot outside. If the ground is too cool, these act like drift tires

RC Racer
    I think I want to try a set of 2.8 street fighters. The 2.2/3.0 tires had major lean when turning aggressively on asphalt. I can see a little lean with the bandito 2.8 but nothing like I was getting on those skinnier size wheels that have all that outward facing side wall.