RC Competitor

Power HD Servo Gear Stripped

Hello forums

I have question about a servo. Iam running a stalk trx4 besides a power hd Servo LW-13mg. I was driving it and all of a sudden I hear the servo motor running nonstop and when I turn the wheel on the transmitter I hear grinding noises from the gears, I took the servo out of the car and the one of the gears was stripped.

Im trying to replace the gears but cant find any gear replacement parts. Is it better to buy the replacement gears or buy the same servo.
    If any of you have these servos and stripped the gears let me know where you got the replacement gears from, or what you did to fix the servo

this has also happened on my traxxas 2075x servo as well. But can replace the gear easily.
    (here is the servo)
    http://www.chd.hk/Product_Detail.aspx?id=179

604Slash4x4
    Gone Bashing

I couldn't find any place that sold replacement gears. Sadly, if you do find them, the gears will likely cost as much if not more than the servo does. Looking at the reviews for that servo, it doesn't look like too many people are happy with it, and stripped gears seems to normal.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Spend the money once while you are still ahead and get yourself a good servo. That is JMHO. Hitec, JR, Savox, just to name a few, make quality servos. Yes you’ll pay more, but you get what you pay for majority of the time. Again, JMHO.

RC poster
    That's a pretty weak servo compared to what most recommend. I'm looking at getting the Power HD LW-20MG Waterproof $25 or less servo. 20kg-cm/277.7 oz-in (6.6v) vs 180.5oz what you are running.

RC Competitor
    Ya I broke my traxxas one and I put the power hd servo in because it was all I had at the moment. I may look into getting a RJX hobby or a ripmax

Thanks for all the suggestions

I would look at the Savox 1230 if you want more power or the Savox 1210 if you want waterproof. The new Traxxas 400 servo is pretty good too.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!